Why do most US brokerages not accept EU clients?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Nov 16, 2019.

1. toby400

toby400

#11     Nov 16, 2019
  2. Nobert

Nobert

Your registration date is 2001.
    (sorry if i got, wrong impression and you really don't know)

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/amp-global-europe-launched-ask-us-anything.326840/
    (revenue $37m ?)

What makes me wonder, is it a franchise business of :
    https://www.amp.com.au/
    (revenue $4B)

or a copy-cat.

Well, more easy to say than to apply, lots of different interests on both sides, although, if by any chance, Robinhood would prevail in US side, despite the hardship, that would be a worthwhile strategic move.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    #12     Nov 16, 2019
  3. TommyR

TommyR

the us companies should colonize uk and eu more thoroughly bringing some of the developments they have in america to the eu imo

#13     Nov 16, 2019
    toby400 likes this.
  4. toby400

toby400

No it is the EU branch of its' American parent -scroll to the bottom.

S0 - do you think AMP is a bucket shop as implied by your post relating to Cyprus or are you blindly labelling any broker registered in Cyprus as 'Bucket shop'
    I think AMP USA and its' Cyprus registered EU branch is legit -I was asking your opinion of same !

#14     Nov 16, 2019
  5. toby400

toby400

Yes Tommy -we can trade via a US branch of many US brokers or use a spread bet firm such as IG UK ( who are in USA now) or AMP which is in Europe and parent company is in Chicago, or Interactive Brokers ( another USA firm with a branch in London).

#15     Nov 16, 2019
  6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I service European customers with some of the largest FCMs in the US.

#16     Nov 16, 2019
    tomtr27 and toby400 like this.
  7. Nobert

Nobert

I think, the most wise decision, would be to end the conversation at this point,

yet,

Screenshot (221).png

Screenshot (247).png
    (Some sources says $37m)

Screenshot (274).png

How should i call it ?

Bridge Waters ?

Given the fact, that they copied the name and logo from amp.com.au (which has the revenue of $4.5 B), it would be no surprise, that their the next child-business would be named :

Bright Waters

Ofcourse , i could & i should have used most of them instead of all of them, but, life is to short for drama, unless thou is intentionally seeking for it, & in such case, the only outcome between us will be ignore.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    #17     Nov 16, 2019
  8. ETJ

ETJ

Assuming we are talking other than CFTC stuff its cost. That includes regulation, compliance, AML and scale of staffing.

#18     Nov 16, 2019
  9. toby400

toby400

No point flogging a dead horse Norbert -so yes -let's leave it there

#19     Nov 16, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

#20     Nov 16, 2019