Futures or Options

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chris Paciello, Jan 13, 2019.

1. schweiz

schweiz

In options:
    if you buy calls and the price of the stock goes up 3%, you can make money, but you can also still lose money. All depends on the greeks (Delta,Gamma, kappa and theta). You never know accurately the to be expected result.

In futures:
    if you go long and the index goes up 2%, you will always make money. You will never lose.
    You know already, before entering a trade, what your exact result will be if you exit a trade at a certain price level.

If you sell 5 points above the entry in ES futures, you know for 100% sure what the profit will be. It will be $250 per E-mini.
    If you want to sell a call after the stock went up $10, you never know what profit you will exactly make. You can even end up with a loss.

Sig is right:
    [QUOTE="Sig, post: 4793570, member: 446656"]I would caution that there are extra degrees of freedom in an option that mean that your analysis might not be accurate. For example, you could sell an option for $1 and the underlying implied vol could go up such that the option is now selling for $2.10 even if the underlying price doesn't move. If the person who bought your option then exercised, you just lost all your money and then some.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    #31     Feb 1, 2019
    Chris Paciello and tommcginnis like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Hmm. how about this...

Futures are 4D.

You have up, down, price, and time expiration. Four dimensions, easy.

Options are like 9D.

You have up, down, price (strike), time strike expiration, price decay, all that greek stuff, premiums, rights and obligations to execute, underlyings of underlyings.

There are probably many more Ds. I ain't dissuading you on options, just saying they are more complex and richer in texture than futures.

And then there are Options on Futures (FOP). OMG I cannot even imagine what that is like.

#32     Feb 1, 2019
  3. schweiz

schweiz

Tomaz26 is "only" 10 years on ET. He still has to learn a lot. Or maybe he will never learn as he is already 10 years on ET... and still knows nothing. Still dreaming of making $1,000 a month. Even that seems to be impossible for our genius trader.

LOL

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    #33     Feb 3, 2019
  4. Tomaz26

Tomaz26

I least I admit I am not some genious trader making 100%+ a year like you supposedly do hahaha. Plenty of guys like you already exposed here, either you are broke or sim trading and someone without real life, who gets a kick out of "being someone" special at least on the internet. Time to get some real life little boy..

#34     Feb 3, 2019
    destriero and Van_der_Voort_4 like this.
  5. Tomaz26

Tomaz26

schweiz all it took was a quick search to find out what a fraud and laying loser you are. Enough said I guess.. And believe me, I did not do any search on you before, I just smelled a rat once I read one or two of your posts here in this thread. Just to make sure I did a quick check and sure enough. You argue with Destriero and others who clearly know their shit, yet you try to be a smart ass.. What and idiot..

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/malicious-trolling-and-stalking.323122/page-16#post-4693617

upload_2019-2-3_12-54-25.png

#35     Feb 3, 2019
  6. Tomaz26

Tomaz26

schweiz was already making 1000 % returns in 2017 when his nickname was Mtrader. So folks if anyone want to learn trading just contact schweiz. Admitedly 1000 % a year is not a lot, but hey, gotta start somewhere..

upload_2019-2-3_13-17-44.png

#36     Feb 3, 2019
  7. schweiz

schweiz

All option traders. You are in "good" company. Group therapy for losers.
    And all that does not change you as being a loser, over 10 years and still nowhere.
    Destriero pretended he was managing 2 million for a fund. But he never proofed he did manage that monbey and also never showed any tracjk record. So all can be fake. He knows options and I know futures, so what might make him better then me? The fact that you have even no clue what futures are?
    I made several years over 2 million Euro profits a year for clients. Managed over 300 million euro.
    Van der Voort is also a East European loser, just like you.

BTW your friend Destriero has at least 4 different aliases on ET too.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    #37     Feb 3, 2019
  8. destriero

destriero

I produced a phone picture of a Refco run with >$2MM in the account. @schweiz produced a black and white image of a Refco run, ostensibly his own, with a $0.00 balance.

The $2MM was the hedge account related to a $10MM account in which I traded equity vol. The name of the fund is on the run.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/malicious-trolling-and-stalking.323122/page-13#post-4693437

His reply is further into the thread. You cannot make this shit up.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/malicious-trolling-and-stalking.323122/page-16#post-4693617

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    #38     Feb 4, 2019
    Tomaz26 and Van_der_Voort_4 like this.
  9. speedo

speedo

The beauty of a zero balance is you an use unlimited leverage and not get hurt.

#39     Feb 4, 2019
    Overnight, destriero and Sig like this.
  10. Tomaz26

Tomaz26

Yep, exactly, he is full of shit. I just uploaded an image from 2017 where he boasted about his 4 digit returns ROFLMAO :) He made 1000%+ in 2017 and making 100%+ returns after claiming he did not find managing 300M fund enough for him etc.. That would mean he is trading at least some 10 MIO account for himself and making 1000% in 2017 and 100% in 2018, yep, we have a billionaire right there..

#40     Feb 4, 2019
    destriero likes this.