Four EA's

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 14, 2018.

There are no profitable EA's

1. True

2. False

3. False, but periodic optimization is needed

4. I do not trade Forex

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hans has staying power. I think I will roll him over to the new and improved 5 EA's Portfolio (25K) soon to come...

2018-09-21_135527 Four EA's.png

#81     Sep 21, 2018
  2. I have been busy testing EA's in the background while fully testing the EA's in this thread. I have 5 slots four of them MT5 and one of them MT4. Currently two MT5 slots are occupied with "EMA cross contest hedged" & "Hans 123 Trader v2". Be patient as we are down to two EA's and it has only been 76 days. EA's can trade for a year going sideways. The ones that go down and "margin out" are doing us a favor.

I can assure you the next thread will be full of surprises". Maybe somebody might actually read it! Stay tuned ! as I will prove that no EA is profitable.

I challenge anyone to provide me with a profitable EA and it's set file. It must not be a "pure martingale" EA and low risk is the most important factor.It must not have a expired time code and I must have the mq4 file with the full code. If it passes my smell test I will feature it here. Yeah I thought so...you get nothing!... other than to get ES to eat crow!

2018-09-26_184715 Four EA's.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    #82     Sep 26, 2018
  3. PistolPete

PistolPete

Freely available EA's are free for a reason . Robust functioning EA's never see the light of day in a public forum . These are the stats of a POS algo based on nothing but a set of RSI parameters (relatively shit indicator) i wrote and i wouldnt even make this public . MAX DD 12% over 3 years . If you want a robust logical EA you have to do the time and write it yourself , the free shit online is written by amateurs and results from them prove nothing apart from the fact freebies are written by those with limited skills . Whilst this algo is great in a long term trend it is a coma in a sideways market and way too many trades to get a return in my world . This very fact tells a story , you need algos with if else & or decision trees to switch between market conditions . 1 parameter algos will never stand the test of time . you want to make coin from algos you need to learn to write your own code and filters/indicators . The generic shit generally leads nowhere , if it was easy everyone would be doing it , i am glad its difficult , edges arent common

ScreenShot1197.jpg

#83     Sep 26, 2018
    ElectricSavant likes this.
  4. I am forward testing an EA name Fracture on MT4 from the codebase. It has been 5.5 hrs and it has made $113.98 on a 1k account. I do not get excited as it uses heavy lotsizes. It can add more trades but they get smaller as they are added.

ES

P.S. I have consider purchasing EA's but I do not know if I can post forward test results publicly.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    #84     Sep 26, 2018
  5. PistolPete

PistolPete

The results of most freebie EA's online will be the result of datamining with little or no logic behind them . In 20 minutes i can optomize any BS to produce what on first glance looks a winning 'Machine" but its 100% curve fitted . My software will test literally millions of parameter combinations and spit out the best but its all meaningless dribble with no value going forwards . There is a procedure to produce a robust EA , i doubt any freebie passes any test of this process . I suggest Howard Bandy books as a basis to become a quantitative trader , i believe he was a participant here but chased away by trolls . This is a difficult and arduous road that will take many years . A skillset not easily learnt
    ScreenShot1199.jpg

#85     Sep 26, 2018
  6. #87     Sep 30, 2018