Former Madoff customers argue it wasn't a Ponzi

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Aug 6, 2018.

1. JSOP

JSOP

Yes the Paul's that Madoff paid by robbing Peter. Of course not surprised.

#11     Aug 6, 2018
  2. It's closed circle,no lawyer in the Bahamas will sincerely represent plaintiff against UBS,he will never get a decent case again.Everybody grease everybody and you are told in simple terms to "stand down".That's why her barrister did what he did,he understand he needs to earn a living.
    Latin American world is not USA or Europe and i know first hand of a case where very wealthy individual had a case against him and case went on for years and at the end plaintiff sensed that something was wrong.Later they found a family member who was lawyer and it was going on so slow,the judge was in the defendant packet,talk about power and influence.

And to give her a list of lawyers is so naive,is like thinking things are the same everywhere as in my dear America,some places they don't have so good.

I would find honest lawyer and take UBS to court to reveal records about the trades if her story is true.And because someone showed up on ET and wrote offensive posts towards @CSE which got deleted my guess is there was a little bit of panic.Is all good when is contained to Bahamas totally different story when it gets out and somebody with determination might have a closer look.

No UBS or CS employee would try something like this in America,when i was in Zurich i was walking that Banhofstrasse and i tell you i didn't think all that wealth came to them by being such a good business people.

#12     Aug 7, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  3. fook lawyers!

#13     Aug 7, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. destriero

destriero

Prove it. What deleted posts? I have no love for UBS, but no bank dealing with listed securities is going to internalize orders. It’s comical. They sent her statements. She blew-out and first went crying over suitability. When that didn’t work she cried that they never sent her orders to the exchange.

#14     Aug 7, 2018
  5. I fully agree about her being disorganized,this doesn't help to see her point of view.

I read that post,don't remember exactly,i think it was two of them first short one.It was straight out attack on her story and she only made single opening post at that point.

This is my post in reference to your question.The only reason i got interested is because i thought someone snapped and this story might be real.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...will-bring-victory.320417/page-6#post-4643765

ET member who wrote them was going by name longshortwhatever

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/search/7774429/
    this post is a reply to something written by that member,but the original attacks are deleted as i said earlier

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/trading-couple-for-3-years-are-harassed-by-ubs-bahamas-your-help-will-bring-victory.320417/page-
    6#post-4643753

and so is this one

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...will-bring-victory.320417/page-5#post-4643732

#15     Aug 7, 2018
  6. destriero

destriero

You posting threads which I've not only seen, but replied to.

You want the abridged version? She came into some cash from hubby selling some engineering firm. Ostensibly $3-4MM which went into the Bahamas house. No money left. Gets 5Y balloon IO mort with UBS. Uses portion of $1.4MM line to trade ETFs. Blows up. Stops paying mortgage and/or there was a KO which triggered the repay.

Can't repay. House fire not in the kitchen. Water and fire damage. Scorched walls. Mattresses on the floor. No electricity and over a dozen cats. Perhaps this is all normal in The Bahamas, but we call social services on people like these in the States.

#16     Aug 7, 2018
  7. Let us not forget the claim they turned $300,000 or something like that into over $1 million with no trading knowledge....

#17     Aug 7, 2018
  8. destriero

destriero

Yeah, but never received sells and time (sic) so it didn't happen.

#18     Aug 7, 2018
  9. My favorite part of the story of their trading with UBS....:

"February to March 2009 we turned USD $360,000 into USD $1,500,000. We begged them for some teaching
    , we knew nothing about technical analyses, stop losses, charts. We even did not know the word trader, yes, we reputed ourselves, active investors."

"It was 2012. Three years we learned and traded on simulator account, some small accounts with retail brokers, some success and some losses."

#19     Aug 7, 2018
    destriero likes this.
  10. This is now,trading under UBS was done some years ago.

So why some dude goes on an attack,what is the reason he needs to defend UBS over some story on a trading forum?

To say something like this you need to know who you talking to

longshortwhatever said:
    ...They don't deserve a lunatic dad like you.

She is a easy target,so much that it asks for it.

#20     Aug 7, 2018