Do As I Say, Not As I Do

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PCanyon, Jun 3, 2004.

1. eagle

eagle

My first Wall Street book was :D

No Bull: My Life In And Out Of Markets by Michael Steinhardt.

Described in Investopedia as one of The Greatest Investors.

Later, to find out that he's just one of the Wall Street's kids. Shouldn't have this merit comparing to other greatest.

#61     Jun 19, 2008
  2. Funny you mention that thread, been reading it for a while now, very good work.

It's a shame he chose to share his most powerful techniques on a closed channel and not on the journal but can't blame a guy for sharing some and not all of his work in public. Friend of mine is one of his students and he tells me some are pulling 100s of points net (per car) on a pretty consistent basis. There is a private AHG board and channel, all free but invitation only.

The group is like a cult now no matter how hard I try, I can't get access to the room or forum. Even offered a monetary contribution but was rejected.

Incognito

#62     Jun 24, 2008

3. William "Toby" Harrison Crabel (born 1955)[1] is a United States self made millionaire commodities trader, The Financial Times called Crabel "the most well-known trader on the counter-trend side"[1]He is the fund manager of "Crabel Capital Management".[2] Crabel Capital Management ranked number 101 out of 196 funds on Absolute Return magazine list Absolute Return survey of U.S. groups with more than $1 billion AUM, July 2005.[3]. The latest current ranking of the top 196 money managers in the country. Mr Crabel manages 3.2 billion dollars and had a growth of 16.7% in 2005. A producer of consistent returns whatever the weather, Crabel has avoided having a losing year from 1991 to 2002. [2] Crabel is also an author, has written the book Day Trading with Short-term Price Patterns, which can be found on eBay for upwards of $1,000 a copy.[3]

from Wiki

#63     Jun 24, 2008
  4. Buckey

Buckey

Little bit off but this thread title remind me sharp with this popular words from Jesus:
    "So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But don't do what they do, for they don't practice what they preach."

#65     Jul 5, 2018
  5. #66     Jun 20, 2020
  6. #67     Jun 20, 2020
  7. Overnight

Overnight

#68     Jun 20, 2020
  8. It actually did not die. I first went public in ET in April 2018, when I found a post that fully exposed Shane Blankenship's 2017 Bankruptcy, who had been a student of Morge's since the late 90s. The thread was closed in September 2018 (lots of "trolls" defending a professional operation that started in 2003, then through prolific content, found its way to IB Webinars via the CME, in 2007-2015). Once, Morge got rid of Blankenship in July 2019, I knew he was ruined. The thread was started in December 2016, but gained traction in December 2017, once Blankenship's NV Bankruptcy was fully exposed. So, @Overnight, it's NOT 16 years, it's more like 2.5 Years...

SO, no Chip On My Shoulder, it's a about doing the RIGHT THING, and I am bad-ass Motherfucker at accomplishing these feats...

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/tim-morge-and-the-well-chosen-example.305061/page-23

SO MUCH FUN!!!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    #69     Jun 20, 2020
    beginner66 likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

You have replied a few times to this...

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/goto/post?id=524812#post-524812

You quoted it. It started 16 years ago.

I cannot tell a lie.

#70     Jun 20, 2020