Why is hard to make money? Find trend, stops above previous/high low, TP @ next highs/lows

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iamnewuser911, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Gotcha

Gotcha

Wow, so you're the "I am nobody" guy. I'm impressed that you would reveal this. I do remember reading lots of your posts and liking them, but at the same time, I'm not sure if you ever said anything where I thought with certainty that you making a killing.

This post you link to just shares this exact same story again about how you shared a statement, but there is no post where you said shared this statement and got screwed. Its like Trump and his fake news during the election. His campaign was coming up with all these reports about supposed wrongdoings by Muslims or whatever it was, but when reports tried to actually find proof of these things, there actually wasn't anything there, it was just made up.

Now I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but I was just looking for the post where you shared your your statement and then got burned. Perhaps the post is from a different forum or a long time ago, but so far you're just using the excuse that you got burned and hence that's why you don't share anything, but you haven't shown any proof of getting burned.

#131     Jul 16, 2017
  2. Take in account that what market makers like investment banks do is they buy when everybody is about to sell and other way around and they have the power to move market as they want if the urge occurs, so keep in mind that everything happens as expected until it doesn't. Therefore it might not be as simple as looks.

#132     Jul 16, 2017
    Van_der_Voort_4 and digitalnomad like this.
  3. well said

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    #133     Jul 16, 2017
  4. It usually isn't. That's why most conventional approaches fail. You need to have a handle on direction at first sign of signal strength, before price further accelerates. Also execution capability to position yourself, coupled with optimal size and risk management logic. No, definitely not easy. Trading is not a business for the layman, or mentally lazy.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    #134     Jul 16, 2017
  5. I think the time has come for me to really leave ET.

Mtrader

#135     Jul 16, 2017
  6. Gotcha

Gotcha

Nice of you to verify both accounts, but seriously, I'm not saying anything that is factually wrong. You said you shared your statement once and this caused you trouble. You haven't shown this post though, but just another mention of the same story.

#136     Jul 16, 2017
  7. 322170

it's becoming shameful on how many members on this site want to one up the next guy only to show or tell them and everyone else how great they are.

or how about reading posts on threads which are mainly about bashing each other
    going back and forth over and over again about who's right and who's wrong.

Who cares - Is it really necessary to call a dumbshit a dumbshit?

#137     Jul 16, 2017
    johnnyrock likes this.
  8. dartmus

dartmus

What I have done is to reduce the noise by putting as many people as possible on ignore. The more the better.

Some are obvious trolls.

Other's which are less obvious still only requires just a little bit of my time to determine the probability they might post something of interest to me. Because I have logical rules (to reduce the noise) and a process that works (for me). For instance, those who start a lot of new topics are generally speaking on ignore, particularly if they have a high post count. Especially after a search of a small subsection of the forum, either ..

1) returns no posts within that section of the forum (for instance within the TA subsection of the forum).
    2) or their posts within my areas of interest are what I consider noise and of no interest to me.

I hope u stay because I enjoy your presence here and I will miss your contributions.

#138     Jul 16, 2017
    Sprout and themickey like this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I have no idea what is going on in this thread (well I get some of it, lots of vitriolic blabbering.) How about colorful music?

Hello, yes?

#139     Jul 16, 2017
  10. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

So you keep saying. You keep throwing your toys out the pram whenever people doubt you, well, you'd be sceptical if someone told you they've cracked what is exceptionally hard to achieve on consistent basis. Welcome to the world of adults.

#140     Jul 17, 2017