Which broker? (EU/German citizen)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by moeschl, May 2, 2020.

1. moeschl

moeschl

Hey guys,

I am searching for a broker/plattform for daytrading, mainly options on stocks. Since I am a german citizen i can't use TOS from TD. Though I need other alternatives. Low commissions (of course) would be nice and the broker should have Level 2 data available and not with an extraordinary subscribtion. Currently i consider Interactive Brokers and Tradestation. What are your thoughts about them? and do i miss some good brokers for this specific case?

Thank you all!
    (PS: I am on beginner level)

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

3. moeschl

moeschl

Thanks Robert for the recommendation. The problem with lightspeed is the high minium deposit :/ I forgot to mention that my inital capitel will be around 2k-3k.

4. Nobert

Nobert

Hay Robert,

is the Lightspeed now available in EU & if so -
    (not so long it wasn't if im correct)
    then which countries and what is the lowest amount for equities account (swings, few trades per month) ?

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Norbert, at this time, no to EU for future because of Wedbush Futures. Equities/options on a case by case basis, but we have many clients in the EU for equities. moeschl-Sorry, I did not notice the location before. If the account owners are in the EU, Wedbush Futures will not offer retail accounts there because of MiFID regulations.

Nobert likes this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

Aaah, damn, i thought how da hell i missed.
    Hey moeschl,

Try to look in here :
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/broker-suggestions-for-eu-citizen.331793/

eToro spreads are terrible, just so you know.
    Don't touch CFD's.

Il contact one of the brokers in my country tomorrow, maybe by any chances they will offer service for Germans too.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  7. moeschl

moeschl

At the moment i think i will go with IB.

Nobert? Why did you not choose IB or what stands against IB?

8. Nobert

Nobert

It's only CFD's in the one the spoke about, thus it's a bucket shop.

I don't have those $30 000 yet.

9. Hi Robert, I'm new on this forum, I tried Lightspeed demo version and I simply love it. I think is one of the best so far! I'm currently living in Canada, I'm interested to open an account to trade US Stocks. Can i open a Non-professional account?

Also I have another question, I have a friend who lives in Guatemala and he also wants to open an account, can he?

I sent some emails to the info email but no answer yet.

Thanks

Abraham

10. ZBZB

ZBZB

#10     May 7, 2020