Trading Bigger and Better, 81 Live Trade Videos. £500,000 trading day.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by JigsawTrading, Sep 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, now this is getting ludicrous.

I'll give another example: You can not be taught to be the first man on the moon.
    Trading is a skill, it's not about discovering something nobody on planet earth ever did before.

EVERYBODY did.

Apart from the egotistical a$$hat$ - every profitable trader admits that they got there with help from others and their own hard work.

#61     Oct 5, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  2. bbpp

bbpp

You are just too dumb to understand the point.

Let me try again.
    Assume there is 5 degrees in skill level.Most people can get to 4th degree level but to be consistently profitable one needs to get 5th degree level.
    People around you can help you to get the 4th degree, but nobody can or will help you to get 5th degree, it will need you to get there by yourself.
    Now one who achieves consistent profit says" I get there with the help of people around me",what he says is correct in that he reaches 4th degree with the help of people, but is wrong because people can't help him to get 5th degree. So in fact he achieve consistency by himself.
    See the difference?
    But I still doubt you can get the point.

#62     Oct 5, 2019
    tzachi likes this.
  3. Seaweed

Seaweed

This really is the essence of the argument. Its quite unimpressive to talk about a profitable 500k day when we don't know how the rest of the month went. How hard would it be for Peter to post just one month of daily stats along with a nice graph?

@sstheo is doing this in his journal here:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/micro-e-mini-madness-2-per-day.335221/page-41#post-4936676

and even more impressive is the way he presents his stats in this chart:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/micro-e-mini-madness-2-per-day.335221/page-44#post-4938202

#63     Oct 6, 2019
  4. So let me get this right - what we deliver can help people develop as traders but they'll need to put in effort themselves to make it work for them?

I would agree with that.

Which is why we don't sell magical indicators or other nonsense.

And why - in this thread, we are discussing a set of videos where Joe was CLEARLY pushing HIMSELF to become a better and bigger trader.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    #64     Oct 6, 2019
  5. bbpp

bbpp

You still didn't get my point.
    I will just give up.

#65     Oct 6, 2019
  6. Indeed, because John Smith walks in off the street and gets the margin to trade 1000 lots and make over 500k in a day.

Of course, it means something when a prop trader puts in a personal best day like this.

Look - I don't want to take anything away from the guy with the blog - because it's excellent. The comparison between him and a trader that makes 1000x that in a day is ridiculous. In fact, a major point of the "Joe" video's is to show people at these minuscule trading levels how to push forward and 'take their licks' on the way.

#66     Oct 6, 2019
  7. bbpp

bbpp

You said he got the point long time ago, but I saw many times before that he could not understand what people meant. He just lacks the capacity to understand things.It is annoying that you explain again and again, he still could not get the point.
    It is a waste of time to argue with him.

#67     Oct 6, 2019
  8. I get the point.

It is simply that (by your numbers) - 80% of what it takes to become profitable is knowledge. 20% comes from your own abilities.

I don't agree with that. I think 25% is knowldedge and 75% is application. I say that because in most prop firms, their intern programs are 75% hands-on.

Still - I think we can all agree that knowledge is required.

- knowledge in when to enter
    - knowledge in how to manage traders
    - knowledge in when to recognize more opportunity is available

Which is why we help there and also help with vidoes that show a trader growing over time. So you can see what that looks like.

#68     Oct 6, 2019
  9. T-Mex

T-Mex Guest

Kind of you to share - which Eurex email subscription did you find helpful?
    https://www.eurexchange.com/exchange-en/resources/circular-newsletter-subscription

#69     Oct 6, 2019
  10. #70     Oct 7, 2019
    T-Mex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.