Micro E-mini Madness (2% per day)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by sstheo, Aug 19, 2019.

1. volpri

volpri

Are your profits in your lists net after commissions or gross before comm?

#401     Oct 1, 2019
  2. sstheo

sstheo

Net, after taking out $.78/trade. I look at the AMP statement at the end of each day for the real number.

#402     Oct 1, 2019
    CALLumbus likes this.
  3. volpri

volpri

You are doing really well. I wouldn't change a thing.

#403     Oct 1, 2019
    CALLumbus and sstheo like this.
  4. I once interviewed at a prop trading firm and one of the questions they asked me was: "What was the common denominator between successful poker and blackjack players vs successful traders?" The question caught me off guard and I blanked and didn't get the job. The answer they were looking for was: Knowing and understanding Probabilities and leverage!

#404     Oct 1, 2019
    sstheo likes this.
  5. sstheo

sstheo

I did well today. The market was highly volatile and WAY DOWN after a huge spike up at the open. I is currently down 1% on the ES. I decided to stay out until we got some reversal action, and I got some. I am up $50+ dollars today. Patience paid for me today.

Here is something I wanted to share that is really significant in my trader development. I have mentioned this before, I think, but I found a good short article to emphasize the message.

In my early trading education, I missed something very important, and that is the expansion trade. Especially with the floor pivots, I have always seen them as reversion points. Well, they MAY be, but it is also probable that S1 and maybe even S2 (or R1 and R2) are "go with" zones in a strong trend.

I am sure everyone reading this blog knows all about these trades, LOL, but I am still learning and trying to master them:

https://tradingsim.com/blog/pivot-points/

upload_2019-10-1_13-0-19.png

#405     Oct 1, 2019
  6. sstheo

sstheo

Wow, I am glad I am not swing trading these micros. I would have been wrong for sure on the overnight trade, looking for an overnight bounce, which didn't happen! Down down it went overnight. This is the daily delta volume ES chart.

upload_2019-10-2_6-7-5.png

Today I am looking for neutral range trading or longs, hoping for a bounce. Maybe we will get one more big push lower???

#406     Oct 2, 2019
  7. sstheo

sstheo

I have an early meeting today, so I traded early. Things are starting to really get exciting. I am almost up to $600 now.

upload_2019-10-2_7-1-23.png

#407     Oct 2, 2019
    cafeole, kellys and volpri like this.
  8. sstheo

sstheo

upload_2019-10-2_7-3-26.png

#408     Oct 2, 2019
  9. sstheo

sstheo

Today was totally a crazy day in the markets. I started with 3 concurrent trades today finally, and I got a few bounces off the lows today. I ended up with my biggest micro day so far at over $100. I knew that the pressure was on the bears to keep going down and assumed correctly that if they couldn't hold it down that we would get a nice pop, which we did. The bears were 5:1 active over the bulls yesterday, and that cries out "Emotional Extreme!" and that is usually a great turning point in the market after a washout low, which is exactly what happened this morning. I might have tried for more $ with all the volatility, but I decided to take my toys and leave the sandbox until tomorrow.

#409     Oct 3, 2019
    Bobiz likes this.
  10. sstheo

sstheo

ES Daily chart.

Look at that bullish tail today! WOW

upload_2019-10-3_9-39-51.png

#410     Oct 3, 2019