Thomas Peterffy, founder and CEO of Interactive Brokers.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by themickey, Nov 6, 2018.

1. %%
    I like his old school, corp commercial where you see a bunch of taxicabs, big city,- the punchline-he is riding a horse + it says ''never chose an ordinary investment vehicle:D:D''. LOL Amen

#21     Nov 8, 2018
  2. In order for me to feel enough pain to learn it, I'd have to feel the pain... I don't feel it yet.

#22     Nov 8, 2018
    themickey likes this.
  3. rvince99

rvince99

It's true. And he's a real no-bullshit kind of guy when it comes to the markets and what works in them.

#23     Nov 10, 2018
  4. zdreg

zdreg

be serious referred to the poster.
    your description of Peterffy is accurate.

#24     Nov 10, 2018
  5. themickey

themickey

#25     Nov 10, 2018
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

And how exactly is IB ripping off clients to a tune of part of 25B???? sounds like someone is envious and holding a grudge for whatever reason.

#26     Nov 10, 2018
  7. themickey

themickey

Where does $25 billion come from???
    Writing software? LOL
    Share price appreciation? LOL

#27     Nov 10, 2018
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

I am not sure if you trade live, but if you do, there is such a small thing called commissions. I suggest you watch a movie called “Teading Places”, it is explained there how commissions work.

#28     Nov 10, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. themickey

themickey

#29     Nov 10, 2018
  10. themickey

themickey

But anyhow, one could possibly not make the claim IB are stupid, by not having an IB representative sponsored on ET, they don't need to answer all the goddamned pesky nuisance questions.
    They probably retain more clients that way, than by continually publicly embarrasing themselves and another staff member off the payroll whom they don't need to pay wages.

#30     Nov 10, 2018