This one's for you, Sykes...

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by kidPWRtrader, Dec 5, 2007.

1. I did organize a group of us to go to the Las Vegas Trader's Expo. It was a great experience and I made a few contacts for myself and for the club...

Thanks for the suggestion as well. I'm glad you are able to be civilized while I use the "Sykes" word.

#11     Dec 5, 2007
  2. open

open

you know I gotta say OP you are really very civilized, very restrained person, in your position working with students I guess you have to be professional

but you must have noticed by now that we traders are well how shall I put it, we are pricks sometimes, but as long as you understand that the personality required to make it alone in something like futures day trading for example, needs to smart yet brutal and crude at the same time

it is a must in order to keep going after multiple and multiple failures

#13     Dec 6, 2007
  3. Strangely enough, I am aiming at going live futures sometime in the next few months (not until im 100% confident in my ability to execute).

I know all you guys are pricks haha. Luckily, I was mentored from the start by a very ego-less, down to earth trader.

Any ego that I had was destroyed by him. But, it was a good experience and it got me to the point from being a gambler ---> trader. I cant say he was ever crude to me... i deserved most of what he told me for doing the stupid shit I did.

One day I'll join you in the land of freedom... just not yet.

#14     Dec 7, 2007
  4. You show me a "liquid" wealthy individual with no ego and I will show you a horse with no arse.

Those who are "humbel" per sa, are those who are "leveraged", credit, and not "Liquid".

That is real life,

#15     Dec 7, 2007
    volpri likes this.
  5. I agree in general, however.....in my history, I've noticed that when traders have ego's it can be a real problem, just like "gamblers." A guy who became very successful in another business feels he "should" be able to trade and of course, shouldn't lose gambling (Doctors and Lawyers come to mind, as well as guys from many different ventures). They tend to not want to be wrong, so don't capitulate when thehy should or hold positions they shouldn't have, add to losing trades, etc.

FWIW,

Don (geez, made it to a "hook up" thread again, LOL.

#16     Dec 7, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

its the other way around....in my experience.

#17     Dec 7, 2007
  7. #18     Dec 7, 2007
  8. https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/tim-morge-and-the-well-chosen-example.305061/page-3

#19     May 2, 2018
  9. SteveH

SteveH

Tim Sykes is the king of selling trading educational material and chat room fees. He probably nets 5+ mil per year.

#20     May 2, 2018