The Grinch Who Crashed Wall Street... Santa Selloff

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KCalhoun, Dec 2, 2021.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

LMAO.
    He called 4 of the last ZERO, NONE, NADA, bear markets!

#21     Dec 3, 2021
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

For sure he'll call the next correction :). Maybe this is it. #BullsAreFked

#22     Dec 3, 2021
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

As opposed to Biden's "Looks like a good time to get your 9th booster shot...now what am I doing here?" Doesn't inspire much confidence...

#23     Dec 3, 2021
  4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    #24     Dec 3, 2021
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Hell, it poked 35 during the intraday today.

#GoBulls

#25     Dec 3, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

To be sure, he did have a few well-timed southbound trades.

No matter. Flat eod trading means I don't care if up, down, or all-around. NEXT!

#26     Dec 3, 2021

7. Dang Kevin, you have BALLS OF STEEL if I am understanding you correctly. You posted that at 12:27 today, so that was after the markets were down, and UVXY, TZA, SQQQ, SCO and KOLD were up, huge. But you are saying you expect them to all DOUBLE even from that price by the end of 1/31/2022? Ballsy call, I hope you are right!

I will say, I've not tracked your wins/losses, but whenever I check into this forum I see you making ballsy calls, maybe others here do so too but I hardly see any others, you are the MAN!!!

#27     Dec 3, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.

8. Are you saying VIX 30 is bearish for the VIX, or bearish for stocks, or both, or other things? VIX does not get above 30 very often. Unlike you, I'm thinking that is a buy sign. It means people are freaking out, time to be increasing your positions. But not too fast, there can be a REAL freak out and VIX goes to 80 or more, don't want to put all your chips in too early. :) We have very different mentalities, I think I might start liking yours better LOL.

#28     Dec 3, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Knowing Ken, I believe he means VIX at 30 is a bearish sign for stocks. The issue I am seeing is that VIX has been above 25 all week. Sustained VIX levels at this time of year is interesting. I am getting the strong sense that Dec 15th is going to be very very painful if Powell et. al make their second policy mistake at that meeting. Might as well double-whammy that with the debt-ceiling deadline, which also happens to be on the 15th.

#29     Dec 3, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

when the vix is high, smart money sells options.
    When the vix is low, they buy them.

Ya know I was quite distracted today for other reasons, but when I read this post, and I looked 3X at the date on your post, and thought twice about what year we're in because I could mess that up.... you made my stomach sink!!!!!!
    I'm like wtf did I miss?!!!!

TSLA dropped from $1100 to $794 or below?!!!!!
    Why didn't I hear this on CNBC?!!!!

Lol.
    You really did mess with me on that one.
    I know it wasn't intentional. ;)

TSLA is safe and happy at $1014.

#30     Dec 3, 2021