Stop people who have blocked you from posting on your threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Millionaire, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The user right before this post has me on block, but frequently enjoys responding to my posts. He'll click the "reply" button, which fills the reply box with my text and then he'll type out a reply. I'll then do the same and answer him, and we go on with a conversation because the silly man likes to chat with me but only when he's ignoring me. I don't get it.

The way I look at it is if I put you on block, I don't want to see you. That's the whole point. Getting into a log out, log in, or hit reply thing makes zero sense. Just take the individual off block then.

Another user who loves to do this is Bugenhagen. But in his case, I've got him blocked. However he uses the reply functionality to read my posts and try to follow me about, but I just ignore it. He's the reincarnation of the user Slartibartfast, who was banned. But I guess he somehow snuck back in.

#21     Jun 20, 2022
  2. Overnight

Overnight

The easiest solution to all of this is to simply remove the ignore/block feature all together. It is not a feature that existed back in the old days on forums, and somehow we all managed.

#22     Jun 20, 2022
    spy and Buy1Sell2 like this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

That makes sense considering the ignore/block doesn't work the way it was designed considering members have learned how to navigate around it to give the illusion that its a problem with the ignore/block.
    • I find it interesting that all of the glitches I have mentioned...I was specifically told by the idiots themself about how they were navigating around my ignore/block. :D
    Now they're angry about me revealing to Baron and the rest of ET how they've been doing it to navigate around blocks. More importantly, its their way to navigate around the ignore/blocks of other members.

Oh the irony and we know who they are without mentioning their names because they don't like me discussing it in the threads like this with others that doesn't understand how those certain members have been navigating around the blocks.

Hopefully, Baron will design something more efficient after I've revealed how certain user names have been doing it. If you've noticed, I've never mentioned a single specific user name except for those I "follow" and they too have their blocks circumvented by certain individuals...

Allowing Baron to believe in error that someone is blocking someone else and then taking them off block to reply to then put them back on block...that's not what's occurring with certain members that openly identify themself as being blocked.

By the way, there's an amusing way to prevent them from responding to you when you're the current "last poster" in someone's thread...

Simply, post another quick message like a Youtube music video or movie scene after your prior "last message" post that you consider very important...they then can only reply to your music video/movie scene but not your prior message post that's more important.

I'll use this message post and the next message post as an example.
    • Yet, if they still quote you when you have them on block...they can only do that if they have a 2nd user name that allows them to log in with the 2nd user name...fake a reply...copy your message post...do not click submit...log off...then sign back in with their normal user name and then paste your message post that they had copied and now want to quote...click submit.
    Once again, some of them do that to other user names and those user names have complained here in the feedback about their ignore/block not working properly.
    • That's the abuse that Baron is not aware of and it happens OFTEN by members using multiple user names to navigate around the ignore/block feature.
    Reminder, I didn't start this thread. I'm informing Millionaire and Baron how others are exploiting the glitches in the ignore/block.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    #23     Jun 20, 2022
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

#24     Jun 20, 2022
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

This is a great suggestion. Folks here use the ignore/block feature, then log out to see your posting and then respond to it by posting a stand alone posting, so you can't respond. The most prolific offender is WRB Trader. The feature is obsolete and I stopped using it long ago.

#25     Jun 22, 2022
    spy and FortuneTeller like this.
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Someone once mentioned the ability for a forum creator to moderate his/her own thread and ban individuals from posting to the thread to remove problem folks. That sounded like a good idea.

#26     Jun 22, 2022
  7. Sprout

Sprout

Folks just be spending time elsewhere that is more supportive. Feedback either gets incorporated to evolve a platform or it falls on deaf ears and it becomes an internet fossil.

#27     Jun 22, 2022
    wrbtrader likes this.
  8. Sprout

Sprout

It is a good idea, certainly worthy enough to experiment with.

#28     Jun 22, 2022
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'll say it again...these people that navigate around the ignore/block have come to this thread to identify themself as being one of the ones that are doing it.

There are a few other ways but here's another one that someone showed up in this thread to post some bullshit about me when I was the current "last poster" in another thread.

He's now being coy by not quoting nor using the reply button even though he could have...instead...he copies my message but removes the quotations...pretend he's doing nothing wrong while he's on my ignore/block.

It's something he often does to others and I would not have identified him for what he does until he decided to be coy, show up in this thread to point his finger at me. :rolleyes:
    If you notice with the above coy reply...my message post was not to him...it was replying to gwb-trading. It's a message post in his profile that I clicked the message post link from within his profile to then reply to it. I did not log in first and then go to his profile.

Yet, the above is not a glitch... it's just someone (name not mentioned until he showed up in this thread) intentionally being a jerk. At least I've pointed the finger at myself in this thread by saying there are times that I reply to someone that I "follow" by replying to messages in their profile...
    Next, click on the "recent activity" tab within the profile and you will see the below. This is how I choose which messages to reply to and which messages to ignore because I have no interest in the topic.

wrbtrader-Posting-Habit-Visual-Explanation-gwb-trading.png

The glitch is that some of those messages have occured in threads of those on my ignore/block list...a glitch that gives me no warning that the person I'm following is posting in the threads of those on my block list because the direct link takes you to their message post. The direct links to the message post doesn't show you the OP thread owner unless you decide to scroll UP to find out who the thread belongs to.
    • The solution could be that the messages of those we "follow"...we can not see the messages if those messages are posted in someone's thread that's on our ignore/block list...a lightbulb thought.
    I even posted a screenshot of two individuals I've saved links to their profile so that I can determine which specific messages I want to reply too...gwb-trading and Nine_Ender. These are individuals that I follow...they are not on my ignore/block list.

Image posted below...again...

wrbtrader-Posting-Habit-Visual-Explanation.png

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    #29     Jun 22, 2022
  10. Good idea. I once started a thread and a crazy psycho kept invading my thread and attacking everything I said in it. If I could of banned this nut from my thread, I would've done it in a heartbeat.

#30     Jun 26, 2022