SP E-mini trading diary

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Melz500, May 1, 2003.

1. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

Dee...sorry but i do not teach how to trade the e-mini. However, you may learn a few things if you follow this thread.

#31     May 12, 2003
  2. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

One winning trade today

Trade 1: Long: Profit/Loss = +10.00 points/contract

#32     May 12, 2003
  3. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

Two trades today and both were losers

Trade 1: Long: -3.50 points/contract
    Trade 2 : Short: -3.75 points/contract

#33     May 13, 2003
  4. Andre

Andre

I thought this might be a good place to ask if anyone has tried using TickQuest. True, they have a Chat coming up tomorrow. But they have a new product out that sounds interesting... their Trend Explorer which is a real-time trend identifier that is designed specifically to help you trade S&P e-mini future contracts.

Trend Explorer ES produces bullish, bearish and neutral signals. It also comes with Trend Explorer ES System that issues trading commands. The current version of Trend Explorer ES is an integral part of TickQuest's real-time trading program NeoTicker™.

So, anyone familiar with it?

If not, you can always stop by the chat, Wed. May 14th at 4:30pm EST.

André

#34     May 13, 2003
  5. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

One trade today

Trade 1: Profit/Loss: +1.00 point/contract

#35     May 14, 2003
  6. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

One tade today:

Trade 1: Short: -3.25 points/contract

#36     May 15, 2003
  7. Your current drawdown...

is it normal, below the average or above the average of any drawdowns you had previously calculated?

Also...do you know if those other few cynical traders you mentioned before...that are not members of EliteTrader.com

if they are currently reviewing your trade journal because you said you had something to prove to them.

Are you accomplishing that goal?

Another question...are you following the same rules that had netted you points in the past...the same rules that are currently causing losses?

Note: Losses are part of the business and must be expected.

Basically, I'm just curious if your accomplishing your goals as stated in your first post for this journal?

NihabaAshi

#37     May 15, 2003
  8. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

Hi Nihabashi…I have attempted to answer your questions below. To clarify my original post, the last three months were actual trades and the previous were back tested

"Your current drawdown...

is it normal, below the average or above the average of any drawdowns you had previously calculated?"

Yes, they can be expected. However, it is below average. As I do not know what the market is going to do from one minute to the next, all I can do is react to my trading rules and execute the trades. So if the market deems it necessary that I be negative at the end of the month, so be it. I am not going to change my trading pattern or style just because of a few losing trades or a negative month. We will see how the month pans out. Either way I am not worried about a negative outcome. As you so eloquently put it “Losses are part of the business and must be expected.”

"Also...do you know if those other few cynical traders you mentioned before...that are not members of EliteTrader.com

if they are currently reviewing your trade journal because you said you had something to prove to them. "

I see your still harping on the “few cynical traders” comment…give it a rest. Maybe it was an error posting those specific words but if I offended you with that comment, I am sorry. You’re the only one who has taken umbrage to it. I see no point in you being patronizing at this point and time.

Are you accomplishing that goal?

Yes I am accomplishing that goal. I am executing my trades and preserving my capital. I am in this game for the long term and adhering to my trading philosophy that has ensured my success in the past as well as in the future. The results thus far may not be impressive to traders, potential traders or onlookers who are brain washed by the abundance of web sites that claim extraordinary profits and trading results that ultimately prove to be mediocre at best. However, it does show that trading is not a game but a business and you are going to have some slow months.

I hope I have answered your questions. They have been most welcome.

#38     May 16, 2003
  9. Mel,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I enjoy reading some of the journals here...especially the ones that the traders were posting to try to discover something about themselves as traders.

I've listen and will now give it a rest on the issues or concerns you raised.

Agree...this is not a business about a few days or a few weeks of results...

nor is it a game.

its about 2 steps forwards...one step backwards...2 steps forwards...one step backwards.

For some traders...those steps make represent days...others it may represent weeks...others it may represent months.

Trying to maximize the profits when doing well and trying to minimize the losses when not doing so well.

All part of enduring the trading business and sticking to the plan.

Good luck and we got that 0945am est Consumer Sentiment Report today...

it should spice things up a bit right out of the gate.

NihabaAshi

#39     May 16, 2003
  10. Melz500

Melz500 Guest

NihabaAshi,

Very well said. This business is more psychological than people are willing to admit. It is more than just entry and exit points. May be this journal is serving a dual purpose. Firstly, for my own selfish reasons and secondly, a few traders out there may be learning a few things. This is evident from a number of private messages I have received.

Yes, it will be interesting how the market reacts today. It always surprises me!

#40     May 16, 2003