Platform that supports CME Level 3 / market by order ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CALLumbus, Aug 12, 2017.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

This is actually quite cool both on FIFO and pro-rata markets. On FIFO, you can know if it is an order in front of you or behind that has just been cancelled and on pro-rata, you can know what is the largest order of the queue which will get the 1 lots coming...

#11     Aug 14, 2017

2. Hello @Robert Morse ,

TT does not charge anything extra for CME’s MBO price feed. We connect to the feed and provide detailed depth, position in queue and headcount to all TT Standard and TT Pro users.

In the next two months, we expect to enhance TT to display your orders in the detailed depth itself. We are in the process of defining how Algo/Autospreader will leverage the MBO feed.

#12     Aug 14, 2017
  3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Jonathan, I just had a look at Rtrader to check this feature. But I cannot find it. In the Order Book window, there is no queue indicator, I can also not add it via Add/Remove columns. In the Preferences I could also not find anything about this feature. I wanted to check the Rtrader documentation for it, but the Trader's Guide is from November 2011...

Maybe you can help us how to activate this feature in Rtrader. Thank you.

#13     Aug 16, 2017
  4. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

#14     Aug 16, 2017
  5. @ofthomas Thanks for the endorsement of TT! I just want to clarify a few points that you make. We still offer transaction pricing. Our cap is a little higher with the new platform because we don’t charge for the infrastructure. I assume that when you say “AL” you are referring to ADL (Algo Design Lab)? If so, it is included in TT Pro, just like it is included with X_TRADER Pro. We have plans to allow users to create their own custom indicators in 2018.

#15     Aug 16, 2017
  6. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

Currently, we show position in queue in R | Trader Pro and only when it is logged into a system that supports live trading. Showing position in queue in our paper trading environment requires a lot more effort and may have server and end user performance implications. Since position in queue in a paper trading environment is, by definition, an estimated position in queue, we have pushed back its support in our paper trading environment until after we complete our support for pre-trade risk and credit checking using SPAN.

#16     Aug 16, 2017
    CALLumbus likes this.
  7. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Makes sense, everything clear now. Thanks for the feedback !

#17     Aug 16, 2017
  8. ofthomas

ofthomas

Yes, AL=ADL... I just think of it as Algo Lab.. :)

and yes, the base is higher... $400 vs $50 that used to be before... I would jump on it @ $50 in a heart beat... and I think many others would as well... with the cap at $1800 still... i

#18     Aug 16, 2017
  9. Tradovate

Tradovate Sponsor

@CALLumbus - Tradovate currently connects to CQG for market data. Unfortunately, CQG has not made this feed available yet. Therefore, any platform that connects to CQG does not have this ability. Once they make it available in their feed we will support this functionality.

#19     Aug 17, 2017
  10. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

@Tradovate - thanks for the feedback.

Since Dorman is your FCM, and they also offer TT feed/platform and Rithmic to their client, is it difficult for Tradovate to also offer these alternative feeds and platforms to their clients ? You already include many 3rd party addons, why not add alternative feeds ? Or do you have an exclusive deal with CQG ?

#20     Aug 18, 2017
    manna likes this.