Organizing your Trading Desktop, If you look at Many Different Products and use Charts, Then How Do

Discussion in 'Trading' started by easymon1, Jun 28, 2021.

1. easymon1

easymon1

How do you Organize it?
    If you look at Many Different Products and use Charts, Then How Do You ....

Do you use ChartBook Templates that you can plug a Prospective Symbol into and out comes a mosaic of consistently populated charts, each ready to be viewed in an organized consistent method?

Do you factor in timeframes as slow as Monthy or Weekly on down to 240 Minute charts, they get numerous fast when multiplied by a List of Your Possible Trade Products. Rotate new ones in and it can become slowwww.
    Stock traders who look at a Lot of possibilities day in and day out to rotate into the basket on a particular session would face a particularly difficult herd of cats to round up in a coherent ranked group of prospects for focused attention during "ON" Time.

How do you Throw a Newly Discovered Prospect Into the Mix and Get Busy On It Immediately?

How You Do Dat?

One Trader's way to Organize a Chartbook to help Get The Lay Of The Land
    Makes a Handy Template Tool
    Just swap out the Product Symbol and Get To Work
    Nat Gas and Copper Futures question
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...global-price-rally.359749/page-2#post-5412221

shuraver and murray t turtle like this.
  2. deaddog

deaddog

For trading stocks:

Weekly chart (price, volume & 10 ma) One look tells me if I'm interested.

Daily chart to look for set-up. (Stockcharts.com)

Excel spread sheet for trading plan. (Entry, exit and position size)

Quick look at news/fundys to see if anything might be coming up in the next few days that might influence the price.

Wait for the market to open.

Peter8519 and easymon1 like this.
  3. Peter8519

Peter8519

I would call myself a trend trader. I am frugal so I make use of free daily data from Yahoo Finance and Amibroker for chart reading and stock screening. I also use IBKR real time chart when my entry and exit. Amibroker required some programming experience. It's powerful charting tool especially screening. I also use perl script for data automation with Excel for stock tracking. Since deaddog already suggested Stockcharts for chart reading, I would like to suggest Finviz for stock screening. These are the few key items.
    1. Chart reading
    2. Stock screening - technical and fundamental
    3. Stock tracking
    4. Trade journal

terzioglu and murray t turtle like this.
  4. %%
    Trade Spiral Notebook helps. For monthly charts, yes i use them; no need to keep those monthly charts on screen..................................................................................

5. easymon1

easymon1

Indubitably A trader doesn't need to Keep a Mo chart onscreen as a matter of course, I agree there 100%

The guy, SR, who uses that 8-chart chartbook doesn't trade with it, he uses it to get the 'lay of the land' so to speak. Has a collection of his favorite indicators configured to each pane of the layout. Consistent.
    He runs a daily show and gets calls from traders that ask his take on various stocks, futures..., so to give a decent opinion of probability of move direction and magnitude SR will sometimes pop up that chartbook, enter a symbol, and bang* - there's that old familiar face looking at him and it makes it fast and consistent for him to make a call that has some depth.

This Feature, which allows the Entry of a Symbol ONE TIME, and have an Entire Preconfigured Chatbook Load and Display by the Simple Single Entry of ONE Symbol is a Feature I have requested from Sierra Charts.

Must be pretty difficult to pull off because I Ain't Seen It Yet! ... And Belee Mee - I likes that Feature for the Benefit it provides by enabling Very quick Display of Mucho Perspective to a TA Trader.

As far as trading TA with it, If you trade using a mo wk daily chart, you do not need this feature, what's the rush, you got all day, lol. Intraday - 240 minutes is forever. You don't need to rush. 30 min - you got some time, relax. 10, 5, 1 minute, Step it UP, we ain't got all day over here, what's that thing look like going back At This Moment? Are we looking at some Months Old Support or Resistance that only shows up on a Weekly chart. Sierra says 'oh all you gotta do is enter your symbol into each window of the chartbook and it will populate just fine. Yep, we knew that already, lol. How can we populate an entire chartbook by entering One Symbol. It ain't like trying to bring world peace. Whattaya gonna do? I'll tell ya what ya do. Without.lol

murray t turtle likes this.