Online Trading Academy's new platform - "Clik"

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by syswizard, Sep 27, 2019.

1. I know the company has taken a lot of hits online for credibility. Here is one of the last posts I could find on them in this forum:
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/late-to-the-game.328277/page-7#post-4784054
    However, I was able to see their new platform in action recently at a MoneyShow conference.
    Let me say that I was impressed.
    A couple of facts:
    1) It's been 1 year in development
    2) It's completely web-based....no installation required. Must be a million+ lines of Javascript code behind it....very impressive !
    3) Right now, it's in "SIM" mode.They are working on building interfaces to the API's of all of the big brokers...i.e. Interactive Brokers, ThinkorSwim, etc.
    The way it works is that you draw on the screen support and resistance zones (rectangular areas).
    Then you tweak the strength of the trend and the strength of the bars thru some drop-down menu options. After specifying the order entry price, the software then computes your stop loss and profit target orders as well as the profit-to-loss ratio automajically. Then, when you submit the order, the bracket order is submitted and activated.
    To me, this is pretty slick and well thought-out. It's not really fully automated trading, but it is assisted trading to say the least. They plan on providing custom modules for supporting futures, stocks, Forex, and options.

2. ensemble

ensemble

Sounds impressive, but only wizetrade has a patented red light/green light indicator.
    [​IMG]

3. qlai

qlai

Ah, there's the catch, right? Our system is great as long as you apply some discretion. Let me guess, one will have to take their course to be able to use it effectively.
    Anyone who tries to sell system with some discretion built into it should at least provide C2 results or similar. Not a proof, but at least something to judge by.

4. qlai

qlai

5. It still just a simulation, training tool. They have a long way to go to integrate a live data feed and to link to a broker's API to place the trades live. Once they do this, they'll have something pretty powerful albeit not fully automated. I have a feeling this functionality could be built withing Ninja Trader. However, there is a lot of "secret sauce" for how you manage the order settings....so it might be difficult to "knock off".

6. qlai

qlai

I doubt there's anything worth knocking off. Any time I hear someone has "propriotery" indicator, my BS alarm goes off. I have described my experience with them in a different post so I'm biased.

7. It's not an indicator...it's a FRAMEWORK for trading. Big difference. This is quite different as it automates the placement of the orders - entry, stop, target. You are missing the big picture here.

8. qlai

qlai

Big picture is they will try to sell a new shiny shovel. It's either fully automated system in which case they will have backtests and track records. Or it's a discretionary system in which case you can calculate all the numbers on spreadsheet and place orders with two clicks on any platform. What they are doing is trying to get you addicted to following their educators' calls without registering as advisors. Basically signal providers. That's my guess on it, but I obviously just found out about it from your thread.

9. Wrong again. The traders place the orders which are partially determined from the market conditions and the support/resistance settings that they themselves set. They are not acting as signal providers. Are you also this wrong on your trading decisions ?

10. qlai

qlai

Ok, so can you explain what exactly they are offering? What is it that their platform is doing that you haven't seen available elsewhere? What do you mean by Framework(Ninja, Motivewave, ToS all can be thought of as frameworks)? How does trading education ties in with their platform? We have many platform providers here - what have they missed? I have no agenda, so no need to get personal. We are trying to learn by questioning.

#10     Sep 28, 2019