Late to the game

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rivarama, Dec 25, 2018.

1. ironchef

ironchef

Welcome and best wishes for the new year.

Here is a perspective from another mom and pop retail.

With your background and potential, your first priority is to achieve financial freedom. Why? Because with financial freedom you are free to choose what you like to do, how and where you like to live your life, etc. After, if your interest is day trading, go for it as long as it does not lead to financial ruin, meaning do not bet more than you can afford.

I quit my day job years ago because I no longer needed it to put food on the table. Bought all the toys, traveled, did nothing for a while. They were not as much fun as I thought, so I decided to start a second career and picked trading for the challenge and because I love it. Since 2013, I settled on swing trade equity options exclusively and never look back, even after a difficult 2018.

A side note, I actually work as hard now as when I had my day job. But the sense of freedom and in control of my time and work is priceless.

#61     Dec 31, 2018
    MeAgainstTheWorld and qlai like this.
  2. The naysayers here are ruining all the Sunshine being blown up my ass by Online Trading Academy radio infomercials.

#62     Jan 2, 2019
    zenostiffler likes this.
  3. Well, quite. Those who sell the shovels have always made more than those who prospect for the gold.

#63     Jan 2, 2019
    MeAgainstTheWorld likes this.
  4. ironchef

ironchef

But there will always be a few among you that hit the mega millions jackpot in trading. The question is whether it is real skill or pure luck, like "strike it rich with shovel"?

#64     Jan 2, 2019
  5. I'm glad I didnt sign up for their program right away. I bet theres more customers that lose with their program than win, and since they cant guarantee results, they dont have any skin in the game, the perfect racket. Smh

#65     Jan 3, 2019
  6. qlai

qlai

:)

#66     Jan 3, 2019
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

do a study to determine the hours of the market you plan to trade for highest range movement times. these will generally be the highest volume times as well which is good for execution. you will be successful if you do the total opposite of what your mind is thinking.

example price going up sell it after 2nd run up, price going down buy it after 3rd run down.

#67     Jan 3, 2019
  8. o_O

#68     Jan 4, 2019
  9. Thanks for the tip, at this time I'm just a new tadpole learning how to swim upstream.

#69     Jan 4, 2019
  10. ironchef

ironchef

Someone here once advised me to go with the trend instead of against, so us tadpoles should swim downstream instead of upstream.

#70     Jan 4, 2019
    MeAgainstTheWorld likes this.