On giving tips for beginners

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Nobert, Nov 13, 2020.

1. deaddog

deaddog

I'm not about to teach anyone how to trade. However if someone is trading and having problems I have no problem helping them solve their problems if I can.

Having another trader take a look at what you are doing sometimes helps.

#11     Nov 13, 2020
    Nobert and Bad_Badness like this.
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i am thankful for my mentor's, money, time and knowledge and most of all passion.

if someone doesn't have absolute obsessive passion - they need to find theirs ...

#12     Nov 13, 2020
  3. Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    #13     Nov 13, 2020
    Real Money and pauk like this.
  4. savoir

savoir

You are snarky for your own reasons.

I believe you about taking 20 years to figure it out. But that is your personal experience. I speak from my own.

I am not a professional trader, however. I have always been an amateur trading my own account and those of family members.

My post was in reply to the OP’s topic of working with beginners, something that I’ve done freely from time to time when the right opportunity arose. It’s called GIVING. Perhaps that is a disagreeable concept to you.

In any case, my post triggered negative emotions in you. Go drink some wine. You will be alright.

#14     Nov 13, 2020
  5. Well, at least you admit you are not a professional trader. I am.

Nah, ZERO negative emotions (2020 is a record year for me, second to 2008-2009, so I am MEGA POSITIVE!!!). The mention of "6 months" as a learning curve, is simply not true.

GIVING...

As a professional, I am not buying it. Sorry, buddy.

I know @Nobert, and he is smart, and he knows. He is street smart...

PS. I am the happiest, I have ever been in my life...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    #15     Nov 14, 2020
    Nobert likes this.
  6. themickey

themickey

What was meant - handing out or expecting handouts in the form of buy recommendations, what to buy/when to buy is futile imo.
    Teach them to fish but don't feed them fish.
    For a real beginner looking over someone's shoulder is ok and advantageous, but only to observe, not for a noob to trade by.
    But as soon as a beginner wishes to put money down on trades, they need to go it alone imo.
    Every trader needs to wear the responsibility fully themselves which includes finding their own instruments to trade.

#16     Nov 14, 2020
    Nobert likes this.
  7. Nobert

Nobert

#17     Nov 14, 2020
    ChipShotTrader likes this.
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

when i was young i was a sales rep for a high end window and door company and a customer of mine was a full time trader. i wore that guy OUT checking on his house as often as i could and would always talk trading with him.

he thought i was a nuisance and i was but i could fix computers and the guy always had massive computer problems. this was the way i bagged my first mentor, i learned to get you have to give back somehow.

#18     Nov 14, 2020
    zdreg and Nobert like this.
  9. Nobert

Nobert

Yes, if you were humble, dedicated, one who had both work ethic and intelligence, bit lost - yet showing potential & - helpful, then, there's no better definition for a word - student.
    In exchange mentor received a relationship and some sort of achievement, as addition to the meaning of life.
    (not that i pretend to be a mentor, or something, just slightly over 3 yrs into this, still)

But in my case, it wasn't like.
    Guy shows up, after 4 years, talking about, how he could protect himself from inflation & then asking directly where to invest.
    (was very polite & ,,careful'' with his words tho. Or maybe - manipulative ? Who knows... :) )

Gave recommendations on books, demos, few blogs & videos.
    (CFD's, leverage, shorting, naked puts, dark pools and goods of the universe (Big Smile), that will be up to him, to find out.)

If il stay alive, 40 months from now on, or if any breakthroughs happens in his journey, i will drop the update here.

#19     Nov 14, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.
  10. Peter8519

Peter8519

I will give tips when I am sure of the tips will be profitable. I will be the richest man.
    Since, I am not sure whether the tips will be profitable, how to give ?

#20     Nov 14, 2020
    Nobert likes this.