On 10-case geometry and beyond

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Simples, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Simples

Simples

With some self-correction:

es-weekly-2019.png

#831     Jun 29, 2019
  2. Simples

Simples

3. Simples

Simples

4. Sprout

Sprout

Those are trade logs, kinda like condensed Mada logs.

#834     Jul 4, 2019
    Simples likes this.
  5. Simples

Simples

6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Want to share this... its Micro YM, 10 minute.
    Container annotation only. Current container was placed prior to today.

Incredible!!! :) :)

MYM.jpg

#836     Aug 1, 2019
    Simples likes this.
  7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

EOD MYM 10 minute chart update...

Of note for me, are the grey(ish) Hz lines. These are Naked POCs, unrelated to JH. You can see a series of 4 Naked POCs that were tagged on yesterdays (7/31/19) decline. One remained at 26566. You can see it in the first post. This last one was tagged today (8/1/19). Interestingly, todays RTH close (on this chart) was 26562. There now remains only 2 Naked POCs, they are highlighted on the price scale in Yellow. No others exist. This is MYM, and it's first day of trade was 5/6/19. Of IMPORTANCE, today's RTH volume was the highest since inception!

Good trading to, and for all! :)

MYM2.jpg

#837     Aug 1, 2019
  8. nir

nir

Hi guys ,
    after years of using Trade Navigator i'm looking to perhaps switch platforms. recently there have been a lot of data issues(Rithmic) with TN and reliability had dropped. i'm old school so i don't need much. mainly a degap feature and dynamic PRV for the volume indicator. i don't have a clue about coding so not looking to do anything more than maybe import a script.

Thank you...

#838     Aug 16, 2019
  9. Simples

Simples

Do you have any specific platforms in mind for testing, or do you consider Ninjatrader 8 (can be downloaded for free): https://ninjatrader.com/
    There's also trial-periods for free data to try before you buy.

Not sure if I can recommend NT for serious trading though. NT7 is getting old and unsupported, NT8 has serious issues with internal threading. My needs have just been for research, so have proven adequate until now. However, they might solve the issues in time, and if just using some basic functionality it could be all one need.

#839     Aug 16, 2019
  10. nir

nir

Thanks Simples ,
    i have tried Ninjatrader in the past but that was many years ago. when you say internal threading problems i don't quite understand what that means. i don't mind paying for a platform however i need it to have no lag in data(which is really my number 1 issue) during real time.over the summer being locked out for minutes at a time with a fairly large live position is not fun. also the degap and PRV features would be nice. i don't need bells and whistles

#840     Aug 16, 2019