Nooby McNoob becomes a quant

Discussion in 'Journals' started by nooby_mcnoob, Mar 24, 2017.

1. The past few trading days, I knew that my setup was developing and the payoff would be relatively huge. Sure enough, the setup developed but I didn't get the payoff.

Why?

It appears that I received the latest prices after the time period closed and I just dropped the updated prices. Had I not done that, my payoff would have been about $10K today.

In addition, had the bug I discussed earlier been fixed, I would have also been able to take advantage.

I feel sort of disappointed that it didn't work out, but I'm also excited for the following reasons:

1. It took me 3-5 minutes to figure out why the trade was not entered into live.
    2. I knew my setup was developing, I knew it would happen, it did, it triggered.

I am definitely refraining from calculating exactly how much I didn't make today :)

#151     Mar 6, 2018
    samuel11 likes this.
  2. Also, this happened earlier today. That's connections and disconnections from IB.

upload_2018-3-6_10-9-55.png

#152     Mar 6, 2018
  3. Don't consider this as losses, but as "learning fees" and part of your "self-funded education". These are investments, not expenses or costs.

#153     Mar 6, 2018
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. I think this bug is fixed. Just saw the conditions manifest and it didn't have an issue.

#154     Mar 6, 2018
  5. Just when I thought it was safe... Today, Interactive Brokers decided to shit its pants and deleted my paper trading account (customer service couldn't find it). So hopefully the reset makes a new one available tomorrow. No trading today, and possibly not tomorrow either!

Ah well, thumb twiddling time.

#155     Mar 7, 2018
  6. WTF? Funny, but not :)

#156     Mar 8, 2018
  7. I know. Very sad.

#157     Mar 8, 2018
  8. Still no paper trading account, "An IB representative will be with you shortly"

#158     Mar 8, 2018