IBKR portfolio value broken 6am GMT

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Quiet1, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Quiet1

Quiet1

Just in case anyone else has had this problem. I woke up checked my account and all was fine. a few minutes later received an email telling me I was down A LOT. Basically impossible amounts. IB says it's a technical problem there end in showing correct portfolio value. Does not impact margin apparently (not that it matters for me but FYI).

svrz, Gueco, Greenie and 1 other person like this.
  2. donnap

donnap

Thanks, I was just checking this out - trying to figure it out.

3. Quiet1

Quiet1

Back to normal for me now.

4. Greenie

Greenie

Still broken for me. Net liquidating value at negative and all positions non existent.

1st time i have seen this.

5. Please allow me some indulgence today. It is really highly exceptional.

INTERACTIVE BROKERS, PLEASE BUCK UP! TODAY, MANY OF US WERE SHOCKED WHEN WE THOUGHT OUR MONEY WAS MYSTERIOUSLY LOST SUDDENLY WHEN WE LOGGED INTO OUR ACCOUNT.

What the hell happened? You have been known to have wonderful engineers working for you. Why can't you even get this very basic thing of displaying the portfolio values right?

For once, I thought IBKR became MF global. Client money suddenly lost.

svrz, tommcginnis and Greenie like this.
  6. Greenie

Greenie

It was a bit scary.

tommcginnis likes this.
  7. Quiet1

Quiet1

It was indeed a bit scary, even though rationally I knew it did not make sense especially given I'd just checked my account. That said this is another instance where IB Live Chat has been good in my experience. "Gina M" thank you!

8. Seems like many IBKR clients got mini heart-attacks today. See this reddit thread.

9. donnap

donnap

Yeah, I checked to see if there was any unauthorized withdrawals. A little stressed.

I've been with IB nearly 17 years. Overall, I'm satisfied with them.

10. Craig66

Craig66

I was down 100%! A stressful couple of minutes.

#10     Mar 9, 2018