More than 20 rows for "Newest Threads" & "Threads with Recent Posts" ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by zdave83, Mar 11, 2019.

1. zdave83

zdave83

Is there a way to view more than 20 rows for "Newest Threads" & "Threads with Recent Posts" ? I find those to be good places to scan what's going on, but often find I've missed a lot after being away for awhile.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Changing that number for the thread list on the homepage isn't an option on an individual user basis.

But when you visit any particular forum... let's take the Trading forum for example, the threads that are brand new or that have had new posts since your last visit will have their thread titles shown in bold text.

Another option is to click on the words "New Posts" in the blue bar at the top of any page. This will show anything new since your last visit on a sitewide basis.

3. zdave83

zdave83

Thanks Baron

4. zdave83

zdave83

Hello again ... so during our discussion regarding visibility of unread posts in followed threads ...

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/limit-on-followed-thread-alerts.338223/#post-4974472

... I started thinking again about this topic "More than 20 rows for Threads With Recent Posts". I'm sure a lot of work has been put into organizing individual forums ... but I often find value in threads/posts from all over ET. For that reason my go-to place is Threads With Recent Posts. Problem is that in a busy day its often difficult to get there frequently enough to catch all of them before they roll off the list of 20. Sometimes I miss a lot of them.

Is there any chance of putting a small link after the 20th item like "Next 20" & "Previous 20" ? Or something like the page forward/backward that the threads have ? The other thing that would be really cool is an indicator of whether I'm already following the thread ... like a star at the front of the thread title so I know I'll catch it in the Followed Threads section. Yeah ... sometimes I'll look at a thread with a recent post and think "am I already following that or not?".

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Wrong place for what you're wanting. Similar to my advice from before, if you go up to the blue bar at the top of any page, you'll see a link called New Posts, which essentially means "Threads with New Posts since your last visit". If you click on that, you'll be able to see the threads with new posts and if there are more than 15 of them, you'll see page links at the bottom to scroll through more pages of threads with new posts.

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

We have that. A thread you are following has a pair of eyeglasses to the right of the thread title, which indicates that you are watching, or following, that particular thread. So as an example, if you were to check out the list of threads in this Feedback forum, you should see the pair of eyeglasses I'm talking about beside this thread title.

7. zdave83

zdave83

Yes I see that in the Forum ... I was referring to the list of Followed Threads ...

The purpose would be to know if a thread with a recent post is one I'm already following. Yes ... if its a thread that hadn't had a recent post sometimes I forget. :(

upload_2019-12-6_10-38-26.png