Malicious Multinicks Stalking

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by destriero, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Sorry big guy, no match... not even close. But Lukas V is no longer with us because it was the return of previously banned nicks.

#11     Jul 23, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

Ah hahahahahaha! Are you going to keep us in suspense? Well, they would be using a proxy service so geolocation data is worthless.

So what were the prior nicks?

#12     Jul 23, 2018
    Gotcha likes this.
  3. Distil Networks does it for the sites they protect from scraping. They create a "digital fingerprint" with javascript calls that is consistent accross proxy ip's. You can find more details on how it's done on their site. Their methods are extremely difficult to circumvent, certainly beyond the capabilities of a Xela or Handle.

#13     Jul 23, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. Gotcha

Gotcha

I think it's safe to say Baron doesn't do this. As far as I can tell, it's just simple IP matching. When he or Magna say two members are far away, I laugh. It could be same loser in his basement apartment on two computers, both going through a VPN with servers in different areas.

#14     Jul 24, 2018
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

#15     Jul 24, 2018
    777 and CSEtrader like this.
  6. destriero

destriero

I don't doubt it but that's meaningless.

Ostensibly "they" are not going to post from the same IP. Did you search the source of each IP? My IP will result in Spectrum or Pyramid depending on which network I am typiing from. Their IP may be some large EU IP from a major metro server used by proxy cos. Many of us were also curious whether they were multinicks, but we now have the answer to that question.

I've logged on here from my colo machine (under my nick). I've logged in from my cell. You compare the hits with current and former users.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    #16     Jul 24, 2018
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Xela only ever posted from one IP, so no proxies or random IPs. And I looked up that IP to see if was ever used by any other user and it was not.

#17     Jul 24, 2018
    777 and CSEtrader like this.
  8. destriero

destriero

Understood. Source of Xela’s IP. Source of Lukas’s IP. “Known her all of her life” suggests otherwise. Baron, I could open a nick today named Vlad and post from Moscow... doesn’t make me Putin. I don’t need the info.

I would like to know what Lukas’ other IPs were, but I assume that info is privileged.

#18     Jul 24, 2018
  9. VPN account with Maltese dedicated IP address offers more secured access to any web resource. Compared to regular VPN accounts, Dedicated IP VPN is unique and is not shared with any other user.

http://www.supervpn.net/malta-dedicated-ip-vpn.html

Price for Maltese VPN with Dedicated IP Address is $30/month

#19     Jul 24, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  10. destriero

destriero

True, but most people aren't using discrete VPN/proxy servers.

#20     Jul 24, 2018