looking for solution, need your help

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by meyer, Oct 1, 2016.

1. meyer

meyer

Hello,

I have traded for last 9 years. During the last 3 years I have used only models. In this year finally I've made a model for shares market (before that I had traded only on futures contracts). Now my model is better and better - according to back-test I could make 70-80 ROE each year, with 10-15% drop-down. My models works in over 90% of the global shares market, but the best results I have in Asia.

I am looking for a prop-trading company where I could find:
    -> up to 50m US$ capital for trading
    -> connection to asian exchanges
    -> low cost of trading
    -> credibility of the company (I want to feel safe)

I could have 60/40 split if I don't need to deposit any money, or 95/5 and I could deposit around 100k US$ and take all risk of losses.

Do you know any company who could give me these terms?

My track record shows 135% ROE (01.2015 - 04.2016) on my personal account. Then 45% ROE (04.2016 - 09.2016) on my prop-shop account. I quit my prop-shop job a few days ago because they can't give me stop-loss-limit higher then 20k $ and also they haven't have access to main stock exchanges in Asia.
    I have "equivalent" of CFA - but I don't think it's important.

2. dealmaker

dealmaker

3. comagnum

comagnum

Maybe try Jack Swaggers new seed funder - you sign up (no cost), you give them access to your broker(s) to verify you ROE/draw downs/etc. and describe your strategy & what you are looking for - the site attempts to hook up with people or firms with deep capital that that can write the checks and make a contract with traders they see promise in.

Dang!! 50 million when you add in the massive futures leverage is many billions. What are you trying to buy a country in the middle east with lots of oil wells?

You may want to drop that part 'according to back testing' that is like saying if I could time travel I know exactly what to buy and when to sell. At least consider change it to forward tested & stress tested. Back testing is the fools gold in system building.

Disclaimer: I have never used this service myself - you'll have to do your own DD.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  4. meyer

meyer

Yes I am thinking about writing to them (fundseederinvest.com) - but the best way is just find good prop-trading company which fit to my terms. I hope that you could recommend me something.

I could travel around the world so for me it's not a problem to move to other country for a few months, even years.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You should consider keep your expectations reasonable. I've never seen anyone get a $1mm allocation let alone up to $50mm after trading well with whatever you are trading with now that they are stopping you out at $20K. I also don't know any true prop firms or hedge funds that pay out 60/40 when they provide all the capital and infrastructure.

Good luck.

dealmaker likes this.
  6. meyer

meyer

There is a lot of prop-trading firm with 60/40 payout. They provide infrastructure and desk but trader need to pay for it every month.
    I have heard of prop-trading company who could give you 90-100 % profit if you cover all losses and I think this would be the best solution for me. But I am here to read about your experience. Maybe I could find someone here who could give me some good tips.

7. you should try the first tier prop firms : like First New York, Jane Street.
    These firms are solid firms, with no issues with capital, but will look at you from every angles.

8. wintergasp

wintergasp

Correct but they mark up their execution with the brokers. So essentially they don't give you 60/40 because you lose 20% of your capital in brokerage cost that they get back.

There are "first-losses" structures, but what's the point of it ? They're designed for stocks and instruments that don't have access to easy leverage. Whether I give you 9m$, you put 1m$ and you lose your first 1m$, or whether you put 1m$ and leverage it 10x, is going to be the same...

9. meyer

meyer

It depends on the firm. My previous prop-shop gave me very low trade commision (1/3 what IB has), but they charge me 800$ every month for a desk and system cost.

Exactly. If you could point me the broker who could give me high leverage (x10 or higher) on stocks, low trading cost, high credibility and access to asian exchange - it would be also good for me.
    Maybe a Prop-shop is a little bit better choice, because when the firm see my results after a few months on different stock exchange - we could make a deal like 60/40.

10. wintergasp

wintergasp

Hmmmm Interactive Brokers offers x4.
    Jesus 10x is high.
    I never looked at leverage on stocks.

Maybe something here https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/high-leverage-stock-broker.291567/

#10     Oct 4, 2016