legit futures prop firms?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by canoe, Sep 14, 2018.

1. canoe

canoe

Are there any legit futures prop firms that allow you to tryout?

I don't mean to criticize TST or E2T which are sponsors here but I'm looking for a more professional prop organization that would count as a significant plus on a resume if I decide to apply for top-tier trading firms in the future.

So far, I've found SMB futures and Traderdock which seem to fit the bill but I'd appreciate any other recommendations.

2. traderjo

traderjo

What you mean by LEGIT! all the one you mention are LEGIT! ( it is another question if the "test fees" are worth it not! or better do sim on your own using same rules and if you succeed then start with your own money etc)
    by the way Trderlock is not a funder they are same essentially as E2T , I can;t see a diff.
    both pass you on to others "props" if you pass their paid test with flying colors

Trick with all three is the break even of "cost of tests" and your "actual funding"
    another thing if you search this category you will see recent posts by the TT rep where he and other mentions diff props some do Futures some do Equity
    depends on you
    are you exp
    do you have the qualifications that True Top are looking for
    Where are you based! etc
    Few factors to consider

p0box4 likes this.
  3. p0box4

p0box4

Here is one recent thread started by another trader searching for a prop firm.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/prop-trading-firms.324940/

Check this thread and others in the "Prop Firms" section of this forum.

4. p0box4

p0box4

True, however i think it can be an advantage to get backed by an actual prop firm over TST for example.
    Probably more scale ability and more room for negotiations once you showed your value to the firm.

5. traderjo

traderjo

RDK .. I am sure TST followers would disagree with you!
    TST and alike claim that they are " actual prop firm" LOL

6. speedo

speedo

Best track to a top tier firm is graduating from Wharton B school with a 4.0

drm7 and dealmaker like this.
  7. bone

bone

I’m not aware of “tryouts”. But track records and references will take you very far. If by “legit” you mean a CME registered electronic proprietary trading firm that only risks the firm’s capital and traders are treated as employees - maybe call the CME and ask for a list of CME Rule 106.R. Electronic Corporate Member Firms.

PromisingTrader likes this.
  8. canoe

canoe

Do track records under a retail trading account (live, of course) count less than a track record at say, a place like TST?