Johnny Rock's Comeback Part 2

Discussion in 'Journals' started by johnnyrock, Apr 13, 2019.

1. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/johnny-rocks-comeback.311429/page-74

What better way to end the first thread than on my 666th post? In fact, that may be the best post I ever created for ET.

However, I do want to continue my trading endeavors, and I plan on starting out the way I did many, many years ago.

Start small. Swing trade.

Day trade? God, I hope not. I seriously hope I have learned my lesson(s). If you are interested in the lessons learned, start at page one and read all the way to the end of the original thread.

In true Bob Lassiter style (@tampa) I think that thread served its purpose. Check out post #666 (the final post of that thread). Shout out to Mayor Small Penis of Colorado Springs!

That's all for today. I am re-reading a book (highlighted in that thread) and when I can make sense of it, I will return to trading.

In a nutshell, here is how one broke mother fucker will attempt his comeback!:
    • scan for low priced stocks (under $10)
    • swing trade based upon what I learn from this book that is decades old
    • get out of debt
    • fund my account with as much cash as I can scrape up
    • in the right situations, play ITM options on Stage 2 and Stage 4 stocks

Nobert likes this.
  2. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

For entertainment purposes only:
    • dummy trades that showed up on my scan yesterday ($10<PRICE<$20)
    • orderly pullbacks
    • there were quite a few other trades (mostly profitable) that showed up, but the pullbacks were like waterfalls, so I know I would not have traded them, so I am not keeping a record either; psychologically, I know I couldn't pull the trigger
    Total R:R for all three trades = 4.5:1 (2 winners, 1 loser)
    • Green line denotes entry
    • Red line denotes non-negotiable stop
    • All trades closed at the end of the day
    • Volume is highlighted since that is an integral part of the system
    The middle chart actually shows the stop as the yellow line. I forgot to change it to red. That was the loser for the day.

dummy1-2.5+.png dummy2-stopped.png dummy3-3+.png