Is the US really a time bomb waiting to happen?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RGLD, Jul 2, 2019.

1. RGLD

RGLD

I'm talking about the federal, muni and individual debt along with the fed's policies throughout the years. Listening to Ray Dalio, he seems optimistic about the American economy. To be honest, most of the major countries are doing terrible. China, Japan, EU.. US.. All except for Canada and Mexico - I think they're fine in comparison. Unrelatedly political unrest has gone up like crazy. Now more then ever Dems and Repubs are so far apart in anything.

What happens if Trump wins 2020? Market may keep going up, but I think the left will fall off a cliff.

2. Well the republicans could fund the IRS because under funding is leaving $400 billion pr yr on the table which the IRS doesnt have time to track down and audit. But republicans tend to be the party of borrow and spend. We have $60 trillion in the green river shale just sitting there, so it's not like we don't have assets, or time to modify our behavior, but not with this lot in power.

3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

buy signal get long

dozu888 likes this.
  4. maxinger

maxinger

We don't have to worry about US time bomb waiting to happen.
    Because everyday is a great trading day.
    In fact, yesterday was a very fantastic great day for oil and gold traders.

There are many great financial products from many countries like
    China, UK, US, Germany, Italy, Japan ....
    There are tons of opportunities throughout the whole world.

So look at things from optimistic, opportunistic point of view.
    and seize the opportunity .

Trump has been a great president. We like his powerful tweets.
    If Trump wins 2020, traders will continue to be elated.

MarkBrown likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

NO!!!

Or, as some like to say...

FALSE!

If Trump wins in 2020, then 2024 is a guarantee that the world is going to tank into a recession. If you want to know exactly my theory on why, start a thread in the politics section and point me to it. Basically, I can tell you, Trump is gonna' lose it if he wins. He's going to go OFF THE RAILS.

6. maxinger

maxinger

we have different opinion. That's ok.

7. dozu888

dozu888

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/trump.333850/

here, I will bite... considering this as my contribution to the greatest potus... I already donated a few $k to his campaign, but a thread like this hopefully will win him some more votes... maybe even yours, Overnight... lol

Overnight likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

I'm liking you for the post, not for Trump. Please send me a PM about this, because it is the holiday and I lose track. Well, hell, I lose track regardless, lol!

I'm still nursing a live money trade on NQ long tonight, and I don't know WTH to do now. It's waffling. So now my attention is even more divided.

9. volpri

volpri

ROFLMAO YEP the naysayers said if he won and became president the markets would crash. WRONG!

WRONG AGAIN.

Mr T is a winner over and over again. The naysayers are losers over and over and over and over and over and over again.

DallasCowboysFan and MarkBrown like this.
  10. dozu888

dozu888

what... close the damn position.. it's only money.. let's talk politics lol

#10     Jul 2, 2019
    LS1Z28 likes this.