IB 's risk navigator and combo bid ask prices

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nixodian, Jan 23, 2019.

1. elt894

elt894

I didn't jump in on that thread, but I remember seeing it and had some downtime as well. TWS on my local computer connects to gdc1 and has been slow, while my scanners run through IB Gateway on a cloud box and connect to ndc1.

Thanks for reporting it!

#11     Jan 24, 2019
  2. mskl

mskl

I finally got a hold of someone at CS who is aware that there is a IB related issue causing these random delays for some customers. No eta when it will be fixed but at least they are aware.

#12     Jan 24, 2019
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

Yes, I think you are correct. Am hoping IB can track this problem down quickly.

#13     Jan 25, 2019
  4. mskl

mskl

Bottom line is traders like us are in the minority at IB. I scan the entire marketplace (close to 1 million symbols). I`m constantly adding new symbols to my TWS. I have orders being setup by the API which automatically adds symbols so I`m experiencing the same issue you are (at times 30 second delays). Often missing trades as a result

So it is a major issue for us. But not for the masses at IB as everything the masses trade is likely on a couple of pages. That is why the CS reps at IB treat it like it is no big deal. They have know about this issue for days yet they don`t inform customers and they don`t even inform all their CS reps.

Strange thing is that I have a special group of CS representatives that I call and even they had no idea of this issue as of last night.

Frustrating but it is the reality at IB now. The last thing I want to do is to setup a ticket or create a poll as I know the frustration that will follow......

#14     Jan 25, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

I also have a lot of symbols on my API page on TWS (probably between 20 to 100 symbols depending on the day). Maybe that is a common denominator between us on why we are experiencing this delay. Do you have a similar setup elt894?

#15     Jan 26, 2019
  6. mskl

mskl

I don't think this is the issue. I tested a default/bare bones TWS. You can do this when you log in by changing your directory name and un-checking Use/store settings on server. I did this and got the same random slowness. I don't recommend doing this as you will lose your hot keys etc.

IB sent me one more note Friday saying they are working on it and will update the ticket when fixed. I will respond on this thread when I hear something.

#16     Jan 26, 2019
    nixodian likes this.
  7. thanks for the tip, I got rid of the open close fields, mostly to free up RAM also don't even look at them, high and low do give an indication where market has been so gives me idea without looking at a chart, have delta already, i think ivr would be much more useful than iv, bid and ask volume probably more suitable for day trading? l usually hold positions for ~ couple weeks. regarding Risk navigator, how do you 'just go and roll my own' ? you make it sound simple, l'd love to do it, please elaborate so can get accurate figures for SPX Delta, theta. anyone got suggestions about the often missing bid ask prices for combos as in my 2nd attachment? US server, rather than Asia, l am located in HongKong

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    #17     Jan 27, 2019