Hydroxychloroquine fails to prevent COVID-19 in rigorous study

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ph1l, Jun 4, 2020.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Actually, I only posted once to someone name ph1l...first time I've every responded to him and then you seem to take issue with that via your comment to me with the following...

I believe I then stated you may have me mixed up with someone else including stating I get enough Zinc and asked you if you're just being a jerk. You really didn't reply to that.

Yet, you guys then started posting links about HCQ...to the wild wild west show.

I then decided to see what the big deal was and found info not yet posted. I then posted that link about the background of the company. :D

By the way, as a reminder...plenty of HCQ in the world even though you made an comment in error that they take it because they believe in it. The fact, that you seem to ignore...

There's plenty of HCQ and India has been sharing its supplies although they seem to have an issue with the U.S. Another fact, its a cheap alternative to other touted wild wild west alternatives that are not approved medicine for Covid-19. That's why they believe in it...they already have it and lots of it. :D

As stated earlier in another thread about a different topic...there's going to be LOTS of news by those saying they've found something positive / negative and then there will be lots of other breaking stories countering the news.

It will be a wild wild west show for the remainder of the year regardless if its about HCQ, vaccine, Trump, Fauci, WHO or whatever but the WHO may clear out those shooting from the hip now that they're going to resume their clinical trials.

My point, there will be more news and more threads started by others about HCQ, Pandemic, Covid-19 or whatever. You don't have to read them if they bother you so much.

Thus, don't get upset when someone replies to one of them for the first time and you then tell them to...

Stop focusing on HCQ and embrace Zinc. You will be happier in the future. :rolleyes:

P.S. I added the smiley to help you to loosen up...shake it off sort'uv speak. The OP was just posting info and others will do the same...we're only in the early stages of this Pandemic...expect to see more links from folks around here.

I'll keep reading what's posted here at ET by others about HCQ, Covid-19, Pandemic, WHO, Vaccines, Trump antics or whatever...some good info and some not.

P.S.S. I've only posted follow-up info to you guys expert opinions. :cool:

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    #21     Jun 5, 2020
  2. Wallet

Wallet

The whole study, published in Lancet and the New England Journal, has been debunked and retracted.

#22     Jun 6, 2020
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Its the wild wild west show.

There's a rush into the door for a vaccine or approved treatment...it won't be the last news story about such.

You see, in the wild wild west days...when a high price bounty was put out...everyone and their brother became bounty hunters.

Its sad because medical journals should be doing a better job in researching the backgrounds of the authors prior to allowing the publication into their medical journals.

Regardless, the WHO has resumed their own clinical trials of HCQ and other treatment candidates although I'm not sure why they had stopped temporarily.

Edit - Answer here @ https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/03/who-resuming-hydroxychloroquine-study-for-covid-19/

Thus, WHO reason for stopping their own clinical trial was due to the article by Lancet study by by a little-known company called Surgisphere.

Medical journals should just wait for the WHO to publish their own clinical trial conclusions.

In contrast, the WHO study...

"More than 400 hospitals in 35 countries are participating in the Solidarity Trial, which involves thousands of patients..."

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    #23     Jun 6, 2020
    qaz likes this.
  4. Wallet

Wallet

Surgisphere‘s now retracted article was the source of the Left’s anti-Trump, anti-HCQ temper tantrum. Posters all over these boards linked that source as they ridiculed every person who said anything positive about the drug. Now that it’s been debunked...... crickets.

This has more to do with Big Pharma and the jackpot waiting the 1st approved vaccine. Can’t have a $20 treatment and charge $$$$ for the vaccine.

#24     Jun 6, 2020
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Didn't know other posters at this board were linking HCQ with the anti-Trump or anti-HCQ temper tantrum. Yet, I did see a few jokes about it along with jokes about the injection of disinfectant and insertion of UV light into the body. :D

Yet, I do remember back in January an article about HCQ as an unproven treatment for Covid-19 patients in China (article out of Hubei Province China) but they admitted that evidence regarding its effects in patients is limited.

Then there was an article by the WHO itself that they were going to do clinical studies and then all of a sudden (when the Pandemic was declared)...

All of these small unknown companies were racing to get their own independent clinical trials going. In fact, I do remember world leaders (including Trump) were then declaring Covid-19 is just the flu and China has it under control back in February when all these unknown companies doing research pop up out of nowhere.

At that time, it seemed to me that there was an issue with the "research" involving these treatments not being approved. Specifically, the issue was the "research" which is what I thought was why the WHO and the CDC started talking about their own research...

The rest is now history.

Things sort'uv quiet down during the Pandemic until I saw something on TV about HCQ being used in Italy hospitals at the request of families of the patients. Later, the EU than halted its use, along with studies at University of Oxford halting the research that was funded by Bill Gates foundation...

Now, this thread pops up here at ET with a new story that was "already" reported on TV as a follow up to the recent halting of the HCQ studies...the TV news story did not mention Lancet but it did link the halts to the WHO halts.

I didn't hear about Lancet until this thread nor do I remember seeing posters all over this board (assuming you're talking about ET) linking their source to Lancet to ridicule to every person that said anything positive.

In fact, after you stated the above...I did a research to find those threads. I only found the following three threads / message posts about Lancet related to HCQ...
    Thus, there must be other threads you're talking about ?

Simply, I must obvious be in the dark about other discussions here at ET about HCQ outside of the WHO, CDC, University of Oxford and stories on TV about ex-Trump cabinet members sitting on the board of a few companies doing vaccine research...seeing their stock price skyrocketed after positive news release even though nothing has been approved. :D

Like I said...the wild wild west show but the WHO and a few well known research facilities will set the record straight about HCQ now that their studies / clinical trials have resumed at hospitals all over the world with over thousand patients.

Strongly agree...somebody will want big payment in dollars or benefits especially with big pharma in the U.S. whereas other countries with social healthcare will not pass the cost on to its citizens.

It will be very ironic if China develops the first new approved treatment or vaccine while countries are having been threatening them with "trade tariffs". Maybe its a reason why this cheap alternative (HCQ) that's abundance from India is so popular ???

By end of year...hopefully the real cost of an approved treatment will be known and drugs approved in other treatments will be approved in treatment for Covid-19. If I remember correctly, malaria pills have a high cost...very high. I can't imagine how they will be able to lower that cost in the U.S. although its available for free here in Canada for someone with a health card.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    #25     Jun 6, 2020