How to choose a broker with low spread?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Coner1980, Apr 15, 2021.

1. tomorton

tomorton

Take a top-down approach. Decide on the regulator you trust, and pick one of the biggest brokerages within their jurisdiction. Remember that brokers invariably advertise their tightest spreads, but these can increase to 10+ times normal when the market is thin or news is anticipated.

#11     Apr 17, 2021
  2. Onra

Onra

Guys, what are doing here...?!

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/the-lunatics-have-taken-over-the-asylum.357502/#post-5358754

He disappeared immediately after his opening post...
    Champion in starting threads and making vague statements.

Here's a classic one:
    "I think Forex is a good platform that anyone who stays here can succeed. If you want to do something good with Forex, you need to know about Forex. You have to trade more and more. Forex has already gained popularity as a modern profession. So to be successful in Forex, you need to know about Forex first, then you can be very easy to succeed. So I think you need to know what forex is first."

#12     Apr 17, 2021
  3. Cesiuko

Cesiuko

I think you just need to look at all the conditions by which you can determine how much the benefits and gross will be for you and what spread it offers

#13     Apr 18, 2021
  4. Ishnge

Ishnge

As for me, it is best to read the terms and conditions offered by the broker and understand whether they are suitable or not.

#14     Apr 18, 2021
  5. most of the time i have seen some brokers 0 pips trading spreads , if they make sure 0 pip spreads how they make profit from trading , because only by spreads brokers bring their profit.

#15     Apr 20, 2021
  6. cvds16

cvds16

Commissions

#16     Apr 21, 2021
  7. Xwell

Xwell

It is best to choose a broker with a floating spread for each currency, it goes separately, so you can determine for yourself what you need.

#17     Apr 26, 2021
  8. You are right! But I think it’s obvious to understand that the spreads that brokers advertise are the lowest they can offer when there is high liquidity and low volatility in the market. The spreads change as the market conditions change. If you don’t want to pay high spreads, you can simply trade when the market situation is apt for the lowest spreads.

#18     Apr 29, 2021
  9. I have to agree with you. The lowest spread difference that the broker claims to offer doesn’t mean that it is what you pay in every case if you are using a broker with variable spreads. If you don’t like to make calculations over and over again, you can simply choose a broker with fixed spreads.

#19     Apr 30, 2021
  10. wmwmw

wmwmw

A fixed spread broker is the counterpart of your trades.
    That means you are trading against your broker.

"Requotes are very common with fixed spread arrangements since pricing is coming from just one source. There will always be times when pricing moves very fast as a result of supply-demand dynamics. With no room for spread adjustment to accommodate these movements, the broker has no option but to ask the trader to accept a new entry price provided for the trade.

Slippage can be another huge problem. When prices are moving fast, the ability of the broker to offer a fixed spread is compromised and the price fill may end up being far worse than if a widened variable spread was use. Because fixed spreads are only possible because the broker’s dealing desk is controlling the order flows and execution prices, you may find the concept of trading with fixed spreads not very attractive."

https://brokernotes.co/compare-forex-brokers/fixed-spreads/

#20     Apr 30, 2021