GUNS!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by destriero, Aug 15, 2018.

1. I've got a replica of 1850 Colt Revolver, manufactured by Denix.

In close quarters combat I'll stab you with it then break your skull with the handle.

But in real life now I'm scared shitless to fire a Glock at the free gunrange nearby where I'm legally allowed to do so.

#81     Nov 25, 2021
    bookish likes this.
  2. bookish

bookish

If you do theyll go to your house and steel your gun.

#82     Nov 25, 2021
  3. %%
    You can put lipstick on a pig, like the bullish buyside brokerage ad did. But its still a pig/most weapons of war are full auto, not semi auto.
    Good points on FFL regs.......................................................................................
    And a varmint like a hog or wolf\they may use a helicopter gunship/LOL+ slaughter them...............................................................................................

#83     Nov 29, 2021
  4. easymon1

easymon1

Newsmax’s list of the top 10, in chronological order:

American Long Rifle: This was also known as the Kentucky long rifle and the Pennsylvania long rifle, and, as its name suggests, it was characterized by its long, rifled barrel. Its length and the rifling of lands and grooves in the bore made accurate shots possible at distances greater than 200 yards. That, in turn, kept venison on the table and kicked the Red Coats out of the newborn nation.

Spencer Repeating Rifle: This was a huge improvement on the muzzle-loaded, flintlock muskets and increased the rate of fire of maybe two rounds per minute to up to 20. It was designed by Christopher Spencer in 1860 and first saw service in the American Civil War.

1860 Henry Lever-Action Rifle: Like Spencer’s invention, Benjamin Tyler Henry’s was a lever-action cartridge-feeding repeating rifle that was also designed in 1860. And like the Spencer, military brass initially rejected the Henry out of fear that troops would waste ammunition.

Model 1873 Colt Single Action Army “Peacemaker” Revolver: This was often referred to as “the gun that won the West,” and was the preferred weapon of many luminaries of the time, including Wyatt Earp, John “Doc” Holliday, and Bartholomew “Bat” Masterson. It was preferred for its accuracy, its dependability, and its stopping power — the “Peacemaker” was initially chambered in .45 cal.

Springfield 1903: Officially called the United States Rifle, Caliber .30-06, Model 1903, this bolt-action rifle saw action by U.S. forces as late as the Vietnam War, and is still used by the U.S. Coast Guard and the Army: By the Coast Guard as a line-throwing gun variant, and by the U.S. Army Drill Team.

The Browning/Colt 1911: This was designed by John M. Browning for the Colt’s Manufacturing Company and is considered the true red-blooded granddaddy of all American semi-automatic handguns.

1918 .50 cal. M2 BMG: Popularly referred to as the “Ma Deuce” due to its M2 nomenclature, the Browning heavy machine gun is a beast. Although the design is more than a century old, it’s been used in every major conflict the United States has been engaged in from World War II to this day.

1936 M1 Garand: The gas-operated, rotating bolt M1 replaced the bolt-action Springfield 1903 as the standard infantry weapon for U.S. forces in 1936, and first saw action in World War II. Designed by John C. Garand and manufactured by Springfield Armory, Gen. George S. Patton called it “the greatest battle implement ever devised.”

Smith and Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum Revolver: There are two words that describe the reason for including the S&W Model 29 in Newsmax’s list of the top 1o: “Dirty Harry.” It was the service weapon favored by the fictional San Francisco detective played by Clint Eastwood.

AR-15/M-16: The AR-15 is the most popular sporting rifle in the United States because it’s compact, lightweight, easy to operate, and it has almost no recoil due to its standard 5.56 mm / .223 cal. ammunition. It’s fun to shoot at the range and can be quickly and accurately engaged to meet any home invasion threat.

The First Amendment, which guarantees freedom of speech, religion, assembly and association, is arguably the most important constitutional amendment; the Second, which guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, is often said protects the First.

https://www.newsmax.com/bestlists/best-lists-firearms-american-history/2021/05/28/id/1023098/
    © 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

#84     Dec 3, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. %%
    Good shots, so to speak.
    AMAZING how many guns+patents John Moses Browning did, simply amazing.:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

#85     Dec 6, 2021
  6. expiated

expiated

No doubt.

#86     Dec 6, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. %%
    Nice looking Winchester Mod 70.
    All gas operated semi autos tend to kick less than any bolt action. Looks like a variable Leupold golden ring scope:caution::caution:

#87     Dec 6, 2021
  8. easymon1

easymon1

9. m1nt

m1nt

I hate guns. I hate the concept. Yet, I have a pretty decent gun collection.

I love fishing and always have. Yet, hunting always seemed like the lamest concept ever (IMO): get up at 3AM, climb a tree, focus on a patch of something that was planted a few months ago and pop a deer -- game over...

So you wait around forever up in that tree, create an artificial environment to attract and fortify wildlife through planting, and then, in an instant, your mission is over...

...and maybe the only thing you wanted was the backstrap of the deer, so you toss the rest of the carcass.... or you use extensive cameras and the "sport" value is minimized...

...or you spend a bunch of time at the gun range in "tactical training" dreaming of a future siege of the US by insurgents, but why? To envision shooting another human being?

...so I have a decent gun collection, ironically. I spent exactly one day learning gun basics and at a gun range. It is probably inadequate.

I rue the day I ever use firearms in self-defense.

#89     Mar 14, 2022
  10. easymon1

easymon1

#90     May 20, 2022