Good article about RSI(2) strategies

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by indicator777, Sep 3, 2018.

1. I read the article in PAL blog few days ago but now I'm having problem accessing the site. I get the following response:

Invalid request. Contact website administrator.

Is anyone else having the same problem? If not and this is result of my ISP being blocked, can you get the contact email for me? Thanks.

2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Opened for me just now.

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I too had no problem reading the article, but I had to step out of 3-4 intrusive 'offer' windows to do so. This suggests that some mighty gnarly cookie-bots are at work.

I suspect that if you clear your cookies, reboot your computer, and re-enter the site, you'll have no problem.

That said, it's crap:
    "A trading strategy is random if it requires special market conditions to perform well and when these conditions are not present its performance deteriorates.
    In other words, a random strategy does not exploit atemporal structural anomalies in price action but temporal anomalies that appear and disappear as market conditions change. For example, the cross-sectional momentum anomaly has been shown to be structural so far while the time-series momentum anomaly comes and goes depending on market conditions."

For this to be true, markets have to remain in a cloistered, ossified state of constancy -- the very dynamic state of markets -- moved by everything from weather to Tweets to Brexitations, is ignored. Good god, man -- find something else.

speedo, Handle123 and SunTrader like this.
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

LOL

5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

...So there I was, thinking about this article, and how dumb it appeared to me ("...'Random'! What a glaring misuse of a word! Full of mathematical portent, the writer himself posing as a mathematical kinda guy...!!! JEEZ.")..... and the train of thought led to this thought: if you substitute the word systematic for random in the following sentence, you can *perhaps* more of where the guy was aiming.

Thus...
    Perfect!! And now, BTW, we're back to a sweet, semi-strong EMH, where in the long run, there's nothing to exploit to earn {economic} profits, but in the short run, 'those little anomalies' we know & love, appear to us and are gratefully snatched up and utilized.

I don't know about you, but I feel better. :wtf::rolleyes::D:cool:

6. One way to operate with the RSI is to use it in average reversion systems. When we follow values sometimes we see that prices fluctuate around an average price. Sometimes the values are listed above this price, then they go down, again they rise and so, this volatility in the market can create attractive opportunities.