RSI system

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by 1a2b3cppp, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Wait for RSI to close above 90. Short 1 contract. If price moves against you 2 points, short 2 contracts. If price moves against you another point, close 3 for a loss. If price goes in your favor with 1 contract, close after 2 points. If price goes in your favor with 3 contracts, close 2 at plus 2 points, leave the other one one with a stop at break even and close at end of day.

2. dozu888

dozu888

dude you are looking in the wrong place..

check my 'trading is easy' thread... to point you in the right direction at least.

3. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

I think RSI sucks to be honest.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  4. It does.

5. schweiz

schweiz

That's where RSI comes from? Really Sucking Indicator? :wtf:

IAlwaysWin likes this.
  6. Palindrome

Palindrome

RSI is one of the few indicators I use.

It is quite a good tool.

Most just don't know how to use it.

I've had 1 losing month in the past 14 months.

( I trade long/short futures, 10 different markets, RSI works great on all in my opinion, and I don't think I'm fooled by randomness, my returns are too consistent over too long of a time period)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  7. Many time the breach of the RSI at those levels you indicated (10, 90) going up/down into it actually indicate a lot of momentum behind the price. So it is best to make entries on its way out of those levels.This will eliminate a lot of the scaling that you do on the entry side.

1a, I hope this is one of the threads you comment in ...instead of the one hit wonders that you do.

ES

8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

DESCRIPTION: Popularized by Larry Connors and Cesar Alvarez's book, Short Term Trading
    Strategies That Work, this program will use a three day cumulative RSI indicator as a buy
    trigger for entries in the S&P 500 market.

[​IMG]

ts code that was posted free on a forum

[​IMG]

Handle123 likes this.
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

RSI is just previoes Fractal high and low and the percentage of where the market is within, so 100% it's above the prev high, which means break out, which means shorting is ridiculous, it'll only work well ish in ranging markets.

Still just better looking at previous market high and low mind than a RSI!!

10. Handle123

Handle123

RSI is just ok indicator way it was built, but thinking outside the box, I had someone build it so below 50 more emphasize is placed on bar lows and above 50 bar highs. Gives different responses. But watching original, movements themselves gives a different indication of price on speed of price, markets that decline or rise too fast shows up as very angled, steep RSI, it is not the number assigned from 0 to 100 of much use for intraday in how I use it, but the pattern of the RSI. Very good on reverse divergences and also on potential reversals based on flatness of indicator from last bar even though close of couple ticks from previous close. Does very good showing CHOP when it hovers on both sides of the 50 by small amounts.

The only times I might even look at low/high numbers is when price is coming up to longer term S/R but am looking for the size of the bars as well, and small breaks/small bars for reversals.

#10     Aug 19, 2018
    ElectricSavant and Simples like this.