Gold

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by ssternlight, Feb 21, 2007.

1. themickey

themickey

From my observations, USD has an effect of pushing/pulling the general market around only at certain times, usually toward trend ends/exhaustion phases.
    Likewise USD & Gold. So in otherwords, synching of USD - Markets - Gold do happen and also don't happen but it depends on where we are in the cycle.
    Correlations can be a bit hit & miss and also coincidental at times.
    Likewise Gold & Silver correlations, mostly correlated but at times not, the strength of silver is correlated to how bearish/bullish gold is and the markets in general as Silver is more an industrial metal.
    When I mention Gold Silver correlation, the lockstep depends on the ratio of the two, sometimes 1:1, sometimes 1:2.

#71     Nov 13, 2018
  2. themickey

themickey

Go long.

#72     Nov 28, 2018
  3. themickey

themickey

Stay long atm.

#73     Dec 11, 2018
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Damn. Isn't this about time to tell people to GTFO, take the profits? It has been up all since your call. (Very nice by the way.)

But geez, aren't you stretching it now?

I recall a little lesson I learned, which is gold demand usually spikes on the Dec contract at end of year, because of the holiday rush for gift shopping. We're getting close to the end of it for the contract. Why not play it safe? *shrugs*

#74     Dec 12, 2018
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Playing it safe IMO is using a stop and allowing it to possible continue as it has done lately - move higher.

But I would keep a stop close. Gold in Euros and Pounds looks kinda "toppy" past couple of days.

#75     Dec 12, 2018
  6. maxinger

maxinger

Gold broke the neckline in 2013.

for the last 5 years, it has been moving around 1050 and 1400.

and it will continue to move around 1050 and 1400 till the chart says otherwise.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    #76     Dec 12, 2018
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Brilliant!

#77     Dec 12, 2018
  8. themickey

themickey

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/supalgo.322143/page-8#post-4777883
    Dumped out of gold on Dec 20th.
    Currently of the opinion gold will rally again shortly, am watching intently to jump back in yet once again.

#78     Jan 23, 2019
  9. themickey

themickey

Holiday Monday in Australia so can't buy anything, have to wait until Tuesday, be interesting to see how gold goes on Monday USA time.

#79     Jan 26, 2019
  10. themickey

themickey

Gold stocks slammed up immediately on ASX on open today.
    Little bit too bullish for my liking.
    Not going to participate atm, I'm already sitting on 23 positions which is enough.
    Nothing grabs me at the moment, just gonna sit and watch, market overall looks more bullish than bearish so no danger signals in sight.
    Gold is a speculative commodity and I kind of hate it as an active investor.

#80     Jan 28, 2019