Faster Way To Place Futures Orders

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Xtreme, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Xtreme

Xtreme

Hi all, I'm hoping some experienced IB traders can help me.

I typically place a stop-limit entry order with stop loss and a half position size take profit (let the other half run). It's a multi-step process to place this in the platform (and too much room for order entry errors).

Can anyone recommend a faster more efficient way to place these?

2. Do you place your orders manually in TWS, or use software to place these orders automatically via the API?

3. Fonz

Fonz

You can do that with Multicharts and probably with other 3rd party trading / charting platforms.

Xtreme likes this.
  4. schizo

schizo

5. Use the API

6. Xtreme

Xtreme

Thanks, I searched under, better way to place orders, faster way to place orders, easy excel orders, etc all in the IB forum. Could you please expand on your comment that I should have searched first? What are some of the keywords I should have used? How would I know to use these keywords?

7. Xtreme

Xtreme

Currently placing the orders in TWS manually.

8. comagnum

comagnum

Maybe look into using preconfigured bracket orders via chart trading. Click, click & done.

VPhantom likes this.
  9. schizo

schizo

There are really two ways. The first one is, obviously, to use the search box on the site. The other way is by using the Google site search. Here's how you do it:

"Search term(s)" + "site:web address" (without the quotes)

eg. (paste the following in the Google search or the address bar)

Faster executions Interactive Brokers site:elitetrader.com

(Click the above link and check the search box for comparison)

If you want the search exactly the way you want, then you need to use the quotes

"Faster executions than TWS" "Interactive Brokers" site: elitetrader.com

10. schizo...I really need your help...Can you tell me how to send an email?

#10     Dec 10, 2019