Anybody trading micro e-mini on IB? Any issues?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by GrowleyMonster, Sep 8, 2020.

1. I don't think you need this for trading futures.

#21     Sep 11, 2020
  2. _terminus_

_terminus_

You need it for realtime continuous quotes. Without it you could just get snapshot quotes.
    A little counterintuitive, but this is what IB told me.

#22     Sep 11, 2020
  3. I don't remember what I ended up getting, and it is a convoluted path through a deep dark cyber forest to get to it in the member portal but I will look it up later. I took one thing, I think it was $1.50/month and I seem to have live data now. It no longer says delayed, and it is showing crazy activity. I am going to just watch it for a few days and get used to the action before I buy a contract. Shorting later on, maybe, not yet. My first futures adventures will all be on the long side, just to keep things simple.

#23     Sep 11, 2020
  4. Okay here is a screenshot of what I got, it seems to work, and the bottom line is pretty cheap.

Screenshot from 2020-09-11 09-11-09.png

And yeah I think I got FOREX privs but I just haven't been messing with that. These micro futures contracts are a lot closer to what I have been doing all along, and still get me out from under the PDT thumb so I can maybe finish trading up to over $25k. Again.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    #24     Sep 11, 2020
  5. _terminus_

_terminus_

I can't even find "CME Real-Time" among my optional data subscriptions.

#25     Sep 11, 2020
  6. #26     Sep 11, 2020
  7. From my monthly IB statement, these are the market data subscriptions I'm paying for:
    a.png
    I am trading futures, on various markets, and ETFs.

#27     Sep 11, 2020
  8. _terminus_

_terminus_

#28     Sep 11, 2020
  9. Mine is level 1 only, I think.

#29     Sep 11, 2020
  10. _terminus_

_terminus_

Then there must be differences from country to country.

#30     Sep 11, 2020