What data subscription do I need for trading Micro E-Mini futures?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by GrowleyMonster, Sep 10, 2020.

1. I already have live data for stocks and ETFs. I currently do not trade FOREX or commodities or options and have no definite plans to do so in the near future. I do want to day/swing trade the micros, though. MNQ, for example. I followed the ibot recommendation and it is unclear to me what data subscriptions I need to add for live micro emini data. Also I only see the descriptions and prices. I do not see where I actually subscribe to more data. My TWS charts say I have delayed data. My usual charting platform, TradingView, does not seem to have futures data available, so no help there.

2. DevBru

DevBru

Of course Tradingview has futures data ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    GrowleyMonster likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

2 bux per month is cheep if you just want the MNQ, MES, MYM. (You'd choose the CME GLOBEX.)

Big AAPL likes this.
  4. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Get the bundled CQG at @30/mo...can't be beat and it gives you an unfiltered data stream that is as good a you can get at the retail level...pick a boutique specializing in futures and you will not be sorry at the speed of execution

5. Overnight

Overnight

Here's what I don't get though...According to that Tradingview screenshot, choosing the bundle individually (Globex, Nymex, COMEX and CBOT) would cost him only 8 bux per month. What would he really be getting with the 2 bux per month on an individual leg of the bundle? Pricing seems off.

6. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Well that would be a dealbreaker for me...with Trading view. Which is why I recommended a bundled package with a boutique available at a number of of futures brokers with CQG...

And NO I am not a shill for CQG...I don't have that type of that deep scrotum

7. <face palm> Ah. Thanks! Any idea which one in IB? it doesn't seem like such a clear choice. Well anyway I will subscribe to TradingView's data and just use TWS for order entry, I think.

8. harami

harami

It's buried deep within the account settings. Login to the user portal, then using the menu on the left, go to:
    -Settings
    -User Settings
    -Market Data Subscriptions
    -Current GFIS Subscriptions
    -Level 1 or Level 2 (depending which one you want)
    -Select "CME Real-Time".

GrowleyMonster likes this.
  9. Nice. Thanks!
    Thanks. That was buried pretty deep, alright.

10. So thanks, all who replied. I now have live market data on MNQ playing in TWS, and also on TradingView. One trick on TradingView... if you have it connected to Alpaca, you have to unselect the option to only show instruments that are tradeable on Alpaca. They don't have futures. When I found that while troubleshooting why I still didn't have anything but question marks, and changed it, I suddenly had a beautiful chart displayed in my browser. Here is a TWS chart, daily candles:
    TWSMNQ.png
    And here is a TradingView chart. One minute candles. TradingViewMNQ.png

#10     Sep 11, 2020