Any firm with comparable micro futures commission with Interactive Broker?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by FutureTrader10, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Here's the next comparable set-up at Amp...

xtsamptrading.JPG

Looks like .37 per side is best you can get with their current set-up. It gets more expensive from there if you choose platforms and feeds like TT and Rithmic.

#31     Dec 19, 2019
  2. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Yes, CTS is the next comparable. I have been playing with the what-if cost calculator too, since Sierra has pretty clearly said clients should move away from CQG.

CTS has that $10/mo "connection fee" and per trade all-in cost can not be factored without knowing an exact number of sides traded... it's $10/mo, PLUS the .10c per side (.20c RT) for the CTS execution route. The execution route cost is the same cost as CQG.

PS. If you use SierraChart, you might want to investigate the now-numerous feed options that SierraChart itself offers.

#32     Dec 19, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I don't use Sierra. I'm on Ninja under a grandfather clause, and have MT5 as a back-up platform. Was just trying to show the other poster that .37 per side is about the best you can get from AMP on E-micro equities, including platform fees.

And PS, I am not going to try to fix something that is not broken. CQG data feed has been uber-reliable, is never down, is super-accurate...I think I will pay that tiny premium of a dime per side for the security and integrity of the data they provide.

#33     Dec 19, 2019
  4. I'm opening account at AMP. But AMP is quite stupid that they wanted me to supply an ID in English. I had to explain to them that China does not use English and they can use Google Translate to translate from Chinese to English. It looks like they are not equipped to expand business in China like IB does. IB even has an office in Shanghai.

#34     Dec 20, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/amp-global-europe-launched-ask-us-anything.326840/

#35     Dec 20, 2019
  6. comagnum

comagnum

Tradestation is very good - the micros are $0.50, the market data + platform is free as long as your acct is >$2k. Historical data going back to day #1 including a long tick/inter-day lookback.

Anything you can think of you can do in TS - including integrating you risk/trade mgmt through chart or DOM trading. If your into API there is probably better out there. I use IB as well, mainly for trading foreign futures & the cash sweep.

I wish IB would link into Tradingview - this would be a step in the right direction.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    #36     Dec 20, 2019
  7. 2FT

2FT

Go with IB, they are an international brokerage designed to serve an international client base. And they have data and trading servers in Asia. Good if you are trading Asian futures. AMP does not offer this.

#37     Dec 20, 2019
  8. I already have an account with IB. But IB chart really sucks! It doesn't even have snap-on feature when you draw trend line or Fibonacci line that make them imprecise. I used to use NinjaTrader connect to TWS. Now it takes very long time for NinjaTrader chart to load historic data due to throttling that IB has in place. I asked IB to relax the throttling so that I can use NinjaTrader chart properly, but IB refused my request. IB imposed pacing limitations rendered NinjaTrader practically useless. I think IB is shooting itself in the foot by force customer to use their low quality IB chart.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    #38     Dec 20, 2019
  9. No fee for real-time data on micro futures? That sounds quite appealing. I hope they wouldn't require a foreigner to supply an ID in English like AMP does :-(

#39     Dec 20, 2019
  10. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Yes. Correct.

Using Sierra Chart with the the AMP/CQG datafeed - total (all fees included) per side is $0.37.
    • @2FT {Correction} AMP Customers can trade all of these Asian Exchanges: Osaka - Japan (JPX), Singapore Exchange (SGX), Hong Kong (HKEX)
    AMP's FREE or Discounted version of Sierra Chart has all the same trading features (No Features removed) as the versions listed directly on Sierra Chart website.

Here is an article with details on Sierra Chart (pricing) versions available at AMP - Package 3 is FREE (No Monthly Fee) or Package 5 is Discounted price ($25 per month) for AMP Customers. https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en...ierra-Chart-pricing-versions-available-at-AMP

At AMP, using Sierra Chart you get:
    AMP Sierra Chart customers get Access to trade all of these Exchanges:
    • CME
    • EUREX
    • CFE/CBOE (VIX)
    • ICE
    • LIFFE
    • Sydney Futures Exchange (SFE)
    • Osaka - Japan (JPX), Singapore Exchange (SGX), Hong Kong (HKEX)
    Once live AMP account is funded with minimum of $100 – you will get streaming, continual access to both live and demo (simulation mode).

#40     Dec 21, 2019