A Non-Correlated Strategy Trading Journal That Shows Profit

Discussion in 'Journals' started by raVar, Oct 27, 2019.

1. You probably don't hangout down at Feedback, but there are some great threads concerning frauds that have been outed. Mostly they start with something like "Big meanie (Dest) is driving away "valuable" posters like Xela, Doji, etc."

These frauds don't always show their hands right away wrt getting the unwary to give them money. They first gin up reasonable-sounding backstories and trading "results." They try to establish themselves as experts. Luckily we have a few Real experts (not me!) here. :cool:

#201     Nov 18, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  2. ironchef

ironchef

You are right, I never visited Feedback.

Thank you for the insight. :thumbsup:

#202     Nov 18, 2019
  3. ironchef

ironchef

Just curious, did that someone asked OI to "do it"?

#203     Nov 18, 2019
  4. Pigsky

Pigsky

I have no proof that Nodoji was selling anything. But it seems a logical deduction.

Some people said she sent them unsolicited PM's offering mentoring and skype convos. She always refused to trade live with anyone. She had the same type of inspiring backstory as RaVer and many vendors... a humble beginning with no financial background and a rise to riches. She made far-fetched performance claims, such as rarely ever having a losing day, and rarely having a losing trade even! She teamed up with DBPhoenix, a veteran grifter on trading forums whose posting history dates back to the 1990's. The educators who she credited for her success and learning were of dubious reputation or in other cases proven frauds. Numerous other outlandish claims that in retrospect seem designed to attract the attention of newbie traders. RaVar's comment about profitable systems being a dime a dozen reminded me so much of her....

A few years ago maybe, I heard a veteran energy trader who works in the business say (I'm paraphrasing here)… "there is no edge trading flat price crude intraday, it's pure gambling. You may as well go to the racetrack and gamble on horses... you'll have more fun that way". So when NoDoji would claim that she and her friends were making 100+ ticks a day pretty much every day, it's just not credible.

I read her journal back in the day. I was young, and I believed it all. I spent a lot of time backtesting her ideas on intraday CL charts going back several years..... and I couldn't see any viability. Seemed like breakeven strats at best. She was an excellent writer and she took a lot of people in. I was very, very disappointed when I came to the conclusion that she was a fraud. I know that Dest and Surf were saying it all along, but I was new and didn't know who anyone was, and figured maybe they were wrong about her.

As to why someone would make up things if there was nothing to gain financially.... it's an online fantasy. Something lonely people will do. There was a show called Catfish that documented cases where it happened on online dating sites. My theory is that she was genuinely trying to become a trader and playing a game of fake it till you make it. Her persona was a hit with people and so she went with it. If she made any money from mentoring it probably wasn't a lot. I suspect she left after finally having to throw in the towel on her trading ambitions.

#204     Nov 19, 2019
  5. destriero

destriero

NoDoji was just a voyeur. She liked the attention but blew-up small accounts. She had referred to crude futures as an "ATM machine" and made other moronic comments about how simple it was.

I took issue with her comments on "acidic blood" when discussing physiology. At that point I knew that she was just an idiot and wasting people's time. And yeah, I let her have it.

She's a cancer exspurt bc she is a cancer survivor... why is it that all of the banned bullshitters on this site are also cancer survivors?

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/need-advice-on-cancer-remedies.250272/page-9

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    #205     Nov 19, 2019
    ironchef and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I am a fan of the show!

Car accidents and a relative with cancer are like the top 2 "reasons" Catfish relationships are "not able" to videochat or meetup IRL.

#206     Nov 19, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  7. Just in case anyone ever wants to meet up IRL, the main reason I would not is because I am too ugly.

#207     Nov 19, 2019
  8. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I just noticed the "Hookup" forum is gone.... Sucks to be you. :p

Sucks to be me too... i obviously can't see! :banghead: doh!

#208     Nov 19, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob and destriero like this.
  9. dinn13

dinn13

if I recall correctly the only time I engaged with him was to disagree with what he was saying.. but I was nice about it which is just how I interact by default.

#209     Nov 19, 2019
  10. ironchef

ironchef

@Pigsky,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Exposing fake experts is a thankless job so I really appreciate what you folks did.

I went back, re-read @NoDoji's posts and @optionsinvestor's posts, noticed the perfect timing of their trades, as if they could see the future. I used to eagerly follow @optionsinvestor's posts, tried to emulate his trades. I couldn't come close because it seemed my timing were always off.

Next time I should know better.

Happy holiday to you and your family.

#210     Nov 19, 2019