$286 left

Discussion in 'Journals' started by hurricane_sh, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I suppose that is correct. I've never tried to trade 50-100 contracts on the NQ, because I do not have enough money for the proper risk management of $500,000 to $1,000,000 to pull that sort of move, in a market when it ranges 200 points per day.

#221     May 5, 2020
  2. Wow! Hurricane. I can tell just by your negative self-talk how much you're struggling.

#222     May 5, 2020
  3. old coot

old coot

I enjoyed this exercise and the honesty of the poster. Sooner or later, he'll be back on the trail.
    You like to think you can start with $500 bucks, and double that to a thousand, then double the thousand, and so on. A hundred points of ES will double the account size, and you can look at charts and see a hundred points a week SHOULD be a piece of cake. (Does not include commissions) So, by doubling your money every week, you'll make a million in 11 weeks. Something always goes wrong though, and if you think real hard about it, it's you that goes wrong. You may want to keep looking for the Holy Grail of indicators, but it won't matter if you find it, the problem is going to be in overcoming your own instincts. Once you cancel that stop, or make one more trade than your plan calls for, or make an entry from boredom...it all goes out the window. Good luck to our Mr. Hurricane, and I hope he learns to objectively see his own flaws.

#223     May 23, 2020
    _eug_ and tla666 like this.