$2,000 to $200,000 in 2020 at 2.00% per day.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by sstheo, Jan 17, 2020.

1. sstheo

sstheo

Phil, I think what the other readers on ET want to see before anyone posts "naked" profits is at least one of these (1) Entries parameters in writing (2) or Show the chart (3) Discuss risk parameters (stops set?) (4) Anything that is relevant to the mindset.

In other words, always try to post something that might be useful to another trader. (Unless you are truly just keeping a private journal).

#51     Jan 21, 2020
    BlueWaterSailor, jl1575 and Seaweed like this.
  2. sstheo

sstheo

That's funny. Hair on fire! The father of a friend of mine is in his 90's as is trading daily. I think this is great Alzheimer's prevention! So you are now looking for some swing trading, rather than day trading it sounds like...

#52     Jan 21, 2020
  3. sstheo

sstheo

Do you know how to do a screen capture? On windows 10 it is called "snipping tool" and you can grab a small chart to post easily. But of course, if you post more than a couple it might be more appropriate to post in your own journal! HAHA. (They are easy to make here on ET). I will come visit it, I promise.

#53     Jan 21, 2020
  4. sstheo

sstheo

This market was all over the place today. And I was wrong about a bigger thrust down after the pop. It was just more of the same. I am sure the volatility is related to the impeachment trial in the senate since there were no major news reports today. I think we all need to keep it tight to the vest this week and next. If the senate acquits, then I guess the market will jump up several percent overnight. I can see that happening. But that is several days away. Keep it small until AFTER that event.

#54     Jan 22, 2020
  5. sstheo

sstheo

upload_2020-1-22_13-12-50.png

Yesterday I recovered from my early errors. I did it mainly with shorts on the Micro Russell M2k, which was the weakest of the 4 indices.

Look at the trade at 8:46 (10:46 ET). Don't you hate it when your stop is the high tick/pip? LOL

Here is the official number from AMP futures for yesterday:

upload_2020-1-22_13-21-13.png

$27.92 is over 1%. And with the crazy action of this impeachment week, I am very happy.

The $0 on the day before was for the MLK holiday.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    #55     Jan 22, 2020
  6. Overnight

Overnight

IMHO today had nothing to do with impeachment, as it hasn't since the whole thing began 4-5 months ago. Today is what I call a middling day, because we're on the cusp of the bulk of earnings, with no data releases. So the market meandered.

Remember, this impeachment thing is going to go on for quite a while. Perhaps months. In the meanwhile, just trade what you see.

#56     Jan 22, 2020
    Phil-n-Texas and sstheo like this.
  7. Here ya go.
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/grow-10k-account-to.339704/

#57     Jan 22, 2020
  8. .sigma

.sigma

Today is my birthday (22) and this thread title resonates with my inner soul.

Subb'd!

#58     Jan 22, 2020
  9. sstheo

sstheo

HAHAHA. The 2's have it this year for sure. I am also hoping you have BIG goals this year. Join me in trying to grow a given % per day starting with micros? .02%, .2%, 2%??? Happy Birthday!

#59     Jan 22, 2020
  10. sstheo

sstheo

Here is one the best descriptions of market emotions I have seen. Study it well and learn the pattern. Identify your weakest "fakeout" spots and try to overcome. The sharp down and the sharp up are fairly consistent at least a couple times a week it seems. emotions.png

#60     Jan 22, 2020
    Huyang and Billicare like this.