Grow $10k account to...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Phil-n-Texas, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Will be posting results here periodically as time permits. Been trading full time since 2009, mostly longer term trend trading but thought I would revisit intraday trading. Trade performance reporting generated with NinjaTrader. Started account on 1/6/20.
    Will post brokerage report once I receive the next one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VPhantom, Heydrrich, sstheo and 3 others like this.
  2. Here's an example of one of my charts (they're all the same). Nothing fancy. Just a regular candlestick chart with EMA(20), prior day high/low, and Floor Pivots (S1,2,3,PP,R1,2,3).

I watch the 5, 15, 30, 60 minute charts plus Daily, and try to trade the highest time frame possible. I have focused on trading NQ and MNQ depending on volatility and lot sizing/risk.

The only reason I have the indicators on my chart is because I know they are essentially standard basic indicators that are used and monitored by a majority of traders. I don't use them for entry or exit signals. I have another chart that is void of all indicators and I will study it for patterns, past, present, and forming.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    sstheo and bluejack like this.
  3. Today was $1,909.64 profit.

.sigma and sstheo like this.
  4. bluejack

bluejack

Nice daily profits. Inspiring. Can you please elaborate on your trading method, if you don't mind?

5. support and resistance is basically it. i say "basically" cuz there's market internals and constant monitoring of news wire. here's a grid i have setup on thinkorswim that has all the market internals that i monitor. it's a lot of information but i've been looking at this stuff for so long that it is pretty much 2nd nature. much easier to do than to explain. i also have numerous spreadsheets that i import data into and slice and dice to my own madness so-to-speak.
    upper left corner to lower right:
    list of indexes and indicies, daily COMP(NASDAQ), up/dn vol, adance/decline, VIX 5m line, (VIX & $TICK again in border for other panes), DOW 5m, S&P 5m, COMP 5m, $TICK 1m line.

I have other longer term charts (daily,weekly, monthly) with numerous channels and trend-lines. Some anchored back in 2015-16 area.

[​IMG]

PoopyDeek, VPhantom and bluejack like this.
  6. sstheo

sstheo

Great start to the journal. And AMAZING trading, however you are doing it. With your performance, it is time for you to prepare for some hedge funds to call you, LOL.

As @bluejack says, please pick a trade or two and share the entries and exits?

7. sstheo

sstheo

I know what you mean by second nature. You are in the cockpit of a fighter jet!
    Keep up the great work.

Genevian Speculator likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Was that hold through the close?

9. no, i took position just before the open. my most profitable trades are the open of U.S. session and if i'm up at night the London. volatility is my friend. the rest is risk/money management which is not rocket surgery.

tyro and VPhantom like this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

I am guessing you are using a discount futures broker?

#10     Jan 22, 2020