Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by echo33029, May 20, 2005.

1. I set that one up for you, didn't I? No doubt, you are gloating at the helm of your evil empire of 24 monitors. :D

#11     May 20, 2005
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

1. What parameters do you use to classify a whipsaw day?

I don't use any parameters. I assume that every day will be choppy, whipsaw day. If I'm proven wrong then I take a loss.

2. How do you differentiate between a reversal and a retracement? The way I see it, a reversal on a shorter time frame could be a retracement on a longer time frame.

I don't differentiate at all. I adjust my positions to create an appropriate synthetic construct that will produce profit either when the price backs up or when it doesn't move at all. Like one of the ET members said : "Boring, but effective"

#12     May 20, 2005
    .sigma likes this.
  3. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

You are a good man! You always make me laugh! You'll be amazed when I post a picture of our new system that we have almost finished! 134 monitors on 4 walls, rotating control table, virtual reality goggles and more! Is this evil enough? :D :D

#13     May 20, 2005
    .sigma likes this.
  4. Wow! I've just come down with a serious case of screen envy. Next time I'm in T.O., you'll have to let me drop by for a game of Space Invaders.

#14     May 20, 2005
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Please come! I'll be happy to show off my evil empire! :D

P.S. I'll put vodka on ice the day before your visit.

#15     May 20, 2005
  6. Thanks, much obliged. I'll let you know well in advance. However, I don't expect it will be any time soon since we international men of intrigue are fairly busy these days foiling all manner of nefarious plots and subversive activities (many of which involve multiple monitors).

#16     May 20, 2005
  7. F. d'Anconia

F. d'Anconia Guest

Its the 3rd friday of the month, options expiry.

thats whats doing it. NEVER trade on afternoons of third fridays.

just my .02
    :cool:

#17     May 20, 2005
  8. just21

just21

I think the rally could continue, the dollar has had a major move up and oil has gone down. This is the best news the market has had for a while.

#18     May 20, 2005
  9. everyone went to see STAR WARS....:cool: :cool: :D :D

#19     May 20, 2005
  10. what is your reference point on this statement?

backtest using tradestation on 10 yrs data ?

also ... are you refering to the ETF's here or the sp500 futures only ?

- In the past 10 years 72% of trading days were whipsaw days. 82% of the days had a meaningful reversal (retracement) during regular market hours, 94% of days had at least one opportunity to break even on the reversals. And ... only 6% of trading days were trending "MUD SLIDES". -

#20     May 20, 2005