Zumo and Firetip

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by WhiskySour, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Has anyone traded through Zumo or used the firetip platform? I scalp canadian dollar futures mainly, and so low commission rates and fast execution are important to me.

I see Zumo is a sponsor on the site right now and so I am hoping that even thought there are no reviews posted for them yet that someone has tried them out?

2. seadog

seadog

With Zumo for about 5 months.I trade the ES, charting is basic.Margins are high,cheap comm.Never had a specfic broker,customer service is anyone who answers the phone.Had the phone ring 9 times once, of course in a trade,on the wrong side.Trading platform was down.

3. sammus

sammus

is their platform stable? tks.

4. seadog

seadog

As stable/unstable as any platorm.A platform may not cause problems, but the feed to a platform can be unstable.

5. My friend likes FT because it can run on a MAC, no info on Zumo. FT is ok he said

6. seadog

seadog

Whatever floats your boat.

7. sammus

sammus

thanks for your input. i like their platform design, very simple and straightforward. i am not a day-trader so i am less concerned abt intraday fluctuations, as long as they settle the right prices at the close.

8. I still use Firetip occasionally. Unfiltered market data/native to exchange. Visibly faster market data than all the CQG platforms.