Zone Trading/ Kershner Trading?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SwingOutOn5, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Never knew about that case - did this guy ever end up getting the full $44 Mil?

#11     Jun 5, 2006
  2. LOLLOLOLOLOLOL,,,,,,,,,,,read dr zhivodka's LINK

#12     Jun 5, 2006
  3. FYI, I talked to their new "HR" department. The woman's name is Chrissy Rhoerman, and she likes to say, "I believe that is answered on our website." Ummmm, no. Granted, she has only been there 6 months, but one would think she would know what is on her firm's website, no?

There are 80 traders on the floor, there. They capitalize on the markets that are not yet electronic with their proprietary software - no idea how. I wonder what will happen when all markets go ebay style? She was very uncomfortable answering my questions, especially about traders' profitability, backgrounds, age, commission, payout, etc. Take that for what you will. Most people with whom I've spoken are antsy about that kind of stuff, but this was the worst I've seen.

#13     Jun 5, 2006
  4. bdon

bdon

She shouldn't be telling you anything about other traders profits and commision rates. That should only be discussed by the traders themselves. Thats why you go in and interview and try to talk to as many people as possible. The only thing she should discuss with you is a possible rate for you if you join.

#14     Jun 6, 2006
  5. robert07

robert07

would someone please inform me of the most reputable prop firms in austin, tx and maybe some contact info. - thanks

#15     Jun 6, 2006
  6. love to know if there are any futures shops in Austin as well...

#16     Jun 6, 2006
  7. Velocity has a group in Houston the last I read

#17     Jun 6, 2006
  8. not alot of options here in Austin from what I have seen/heard. (been here about 6 months now).

#18     Jun 6, 2006
  9. thx all

#19     Jun 6, 2006
  10. So whats the verdict since the change? I interviewed with Zone about a year ago. My first interview out of school last August. But when the guy indicated to me that his traders do "hundreds of trades" a day I indicated I wasn't interested in just generating commissions for them. As for Houston (which where i am) I've called Velocity and they didn't indicate prop was still available. As far as I know for Houston Assent is only game in town and you gotta put up minimum $5k to trade there. They've had a recent ad on Craigslist. If I could only bring myself to ask my multimillionaire uncle to spot me the capital, Assent's office is only about ten minutes from where I live.

#20     Jun 7, 2006