zone alarm users

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by battle river, Jul 8, 2008.

1. DonKee

DonKee

The weird thing for me, was that I had to update one of my video drivers (which I should be doing anyway) after installing the patch.

#21     Jul 10, 2008
  2. #22     Jul 10, 2008
  3. Okay.

You can take it from me that if you download ZoneAlarm and instead of reinstalling, just update ZoneAlarm, you can let Microsoft automatically reinstall the hotfix that was causing the problem, set internet privacy settings to high, and you'll have no problems.

ZoneAlarm fixed the conflict.

#23     Jul 10, 2008
  4. trying out Comodo now. comodo does have better reviews. i will see how it goes. i can always go back to ZA now that they fixed the problem.

#24     Jul 10, 2008
  5. I am also a convert to Comodo and have ditched ZA Pro. :cool:

#25     Jul 10, 2008
  6. I would bet money that my PC is much more secure than yours. I actually know how to directly close holes & security threats instead of relying on Microsoft, who only continues to clog up your system.

Most of the security holes in Microsoft Windows were purposely left open for Microsoft. The first spyware was by Microsoft. But what would you know, just look at the rest of your posts, lol.

Keep installing those updates, don't forget to put it on Automatic, lol.

#26     Jul 10, 2008
  7. Yes, Gunga Din. Keep telling yourself these things.

#27     Jul 11, 2008
  8. Comodo is buggy as f**k. Last time I tried it (6 months ago) it never remembers your settings even after you tell it to. It has lots of features, but the bugs make it painful to use.

If they've fixed that let me know, and which version they fixed it in. Maybe I try again.

#28     Jul 11, 2008
  9. I downloaded Comodo but haven't installed it.

I've seen some very mixed reviews, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

For me, ZoneAlarm has served me well. I don't what the compelling reason to switch to Comodo would be unless issues like this most recent one become a lot more frequent.

#29     Jul 11, 2008
  10. DNS is used by every computer on the (public) internet. DNS has none, notta, zero value as an argument or reason to use a Mac for surfing the (public) internet.

Regarding personal firewalls, as someone mentioned, Online Armor is my personal choice. As is now being discussed, Comodo is buggy, and overly complicated, IMO.

#30     Jul 11, 2008