ZOLT breaking out on heavy volume

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by razor99, May 22, 2007.

1. The price is remaining strong and could go on a late day tear higher. We'll see, looks like it's climbing from here. I'll hold and see where she goes...something is certainly in the works. Short squeeze could definitely factor in to news if there's no sell off and why would there be in this market?! :D

#11     May 22, 2007
  2. Cup and handle forming now, see you at $29 near the close. :D

#12     May 22, 2007
  3. Kutty

Kutty

i know the retards at yahoo try to pump their positions

how is this working for you guys here?

#13     May 22, 2007
  4. I'm not trying to get anyone in...apparently you lost money shorting or something. Sucks to be you I'm sure. Poor baby huh? :D

#14     May 22, 2007
  5. Nope, not for "no reason". Somebody(s) selling INTO strength. Alleiviating ownership bias, willing to incur a taxable event, stemming from booking a profit.

Buyers incurring fresh risk, with no cushion. Capitvated by sumpthin' shiney.

But that high volume feels soooo cozy. Hey, we're not alone. There's safety in numbers. Cattle do it all the time.

#15     May 22, 2007
  6. Sexy chart if we break old highs. News could do it even if it's already expected...after looking at a stock like AMZN I'm a believer in the short squeeze in this environment. Actually, it doesn't even necessarily have to be a short squeeze as it can just be lack of selling conviction. We'll see the rest of this week if the stock can move higher...it held up nicely today and had some legs going into the close, I think there's more to come.

What say you? :D

#16     May 22, 2007
  7. What say me?

You didn't get the gist of my message.

There's something to be said for a multi-year high. NO resistance. Unfortunately, it can also be construed as maximum risk point. Risk/reward ratio. High volume is a clue opposite than you're thinking. Cogitive Dissonance.

News is for amateurs. By design toward BOTH content and timing. Quite possibly why "they" call 'em releases. Designed to play you like a fiddle. Tweedle dee.

You'd have better "luck" with APFC, GTI, VSR, RCCC, possibly ONT (and a host of others).

#17     May 22, 2007
  8. Okay, I get it. I had gotten that thought from your original but didn't get your personal negative sentiment going forward. Cheers. :D

#18     May 22, 2007
  9. Nope, I don't think you do. Do I have negative senetiment on ZOLT in particular? Nope. General characteristics applied to any scenario.

1. High volume isn't what you think it is. There are more people exiting than usual.

2. This is the price area failed before.

3. You're a ways from an all time high. $65.

4. Chart patterns are a matter of interpretation and preference. From my perspective, lousy risk/reward.

5. News is for amateurs. Already acted upon. Released for the anticipated response. Move paper and the ax's alibi.

6. Why waste capital on sub-optimal trades/positions?

7. A short squeeze is a welcome by-product, not necessarily something to bank on.

8. My last post on the matter.

#19     May 22, 2007
  10. Good one. Thanks. This was exceptional though and it was clearly no normal news play...you read it wrong. Thanks for your thoughts though, I agree with them for the most part. :D

#20     May 22, 2007