Znga

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 16, 2011.

1. S2007S

S2007S

So how many fools fell for this investment, hahaha

Anyone who thinks there is a turn around here better think twice. FB is headed in the same direction, I think finally people are getting the idea that this social networking trend is finally fading....anyone who though zynga was a long term investment is a complete fool. As I said months ago growth was peaking in this company as well as facebook. Growth story is completely over.

Zynga Misses Sales, Profit Estimates; Shares Slide
    Jul 25, 2012 8:43 PM ET

Zynga Misses Estimates as Users Flee Social Games

Zynga Inc. (ZNGA), the biggest developer of games played on Facebook Inc. (FC)’s social network, fell as much as 42 percent in extended trading after missing analysts’ second- quarter revenue and profit estimates.

#11     Jul 25, 2012
  2. S2007S.... Your original post was playing both sides of the fence, you had ZNGA trading all the way to $30.00. Sort of like throwing rocks at the broad side of a barn - you can't miss.

:)

#12     Jul 26, 2012
  3. Well... This sucks... If they go under before my partner company lawsuit is finished there is going to be no reason to sue them anymore as they won't have the money to pay...

lol...

On the positive side, if they do go under and get split up I am launching another gaming company in a couple years.

#13     Jul 26, 2012
  4. ZNGA is its own special little turd, as I suggested earlier in this thread, when it was in the teens. I tried shorting it but unfortunately covered quickly when I found out IB was charging me 100% interest rates.

Don't mistake FB for ZNGA.

#14     Jul 26, 2012
  5. At 3$ it becomes very interesting to me as a value guy - ZNGA has 1.44 in cash and no debt - ZNGA is ~15% of FB's revenues, so I don't see FB letting ZNGA going under. That would catastrophic for FB.

I might be selling some puts tomorrow depending on how much the 3$ Puts are going for ~

FB's EPS should be good IMO and give a lift to ZNGA.

At some point FB will be a buyer of ZNGA IMO - much like how GOOG spent money after it's IPO.

#15     Jul 26, 2012
  6. How does a company do an IPO in december at 10 and is at 3 seven months later? And they wonder why the public won't go near the stock market.

Did the underwriters do any due diligence? Will they just bring out anything now if they can line up enough suckers?

#16     Jul 26, 2012
  7. Who are the morons buying Zynga in the first place? Internet stocks have always been a gamble, so I have no problem with Zynga going public, but you better be aware that you could lose all your money if you hold it all the way.

#17     Jul 26, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

ABSOLUTELY agreed!!!!!

Investment bankers tee totally ruined it for everyone. We would think they may have learned their lessons from the mess they made that damn near brought down the entire financial system, but here they stand, doing what they've been doing...:confused:

#18     Jul 26, 2012
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Zynga's April stock offering was managed by Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, and other premiere Wall Street underwriters. All of the stock sold in the offering was sold by Zynga insiders. None of the cash raised in the offering went to the company.

The Zynga underwriters were paid ~$15 million of fees to arrange this cash-out.

Zynga, the company, also paid $1 million in expenses to facilitate the cash-out (legal fees, private jet rental, etc.)

And, thanks to the offering, the Zynga insiders took $516 million off the table just before the stock crashed.

Which Zynga insiders took advantage of this brilliantly timed sale?

How much did they make?

Here are some of the selling shareholders:

Marc Pincus, Zynga's CEO, sold 16.5 million shares for $200 million
    Institutional Venture Partners, a Zynga investor, sold 5.8 million shares for $70 million
    Union Square Ventures, a Zynga investor, sold 5.2 million shares for $62 million
    Google, a Zynga investor, sold 4 million shares for $48 million
    SilverLake Partners, a Zynga investor, sold 4 million shares for $48 million
    Reid Hoffman, a Zynga investor, sold 688,000 shares for $8.2 million
    David Wehner, Zynga's CFO, sold 386,000 shares for $4.6 million
    John Schappert, Zynga's COO, sold 322,000 shares for $3.9 million
    Reginald Davis, Zynga's General Counsel, sold 315,000 shares for $3.8 million
    And so on...

#19     Jul 26, 2012