ZN trading over Interactivebrokers

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by futbee, Aug 28, 2003.

1. 3dog

3dog

Dec will be front month beginning tomorrow Friday, so the liquidity will be there and the IB rule will not affect Dec.

#11     Aug 28, 2003
  2. You know, really, the Dec is not exactly what I call "illiquid" anyway, unless your only standard of comparison is Sept. Throughout the day today (Thursday) the spread looked like 1/64 each time I looked, in good size on both sides of the quote.

OldTrader

#12     Aug 28, 2003
  3. def

def Sponsor

thanks for explaining archangel as you are correct. Even for accounts with large funds we don't want to handle or deal with the work/costs associated with physical delivery thus that won't work. Let's see is the following helps going forward (I'm pulling from chisels post/response but the person who responded to him would be the one to implement the change)...

We will adjust the close out schedule for long positions in the ACE US Treasury futures contracts so that it occurs during the day before the Exchange's "first notice" date. That is on the "first position" date. IB can not allow a long position after the close on first position date as such positions would have the potential to result in a delivery that we can not process.

#13     Aug 28, 2003